Chapter 7: New Family

Taking care of both an Eliatrope and a Dragon proved to be quite the challenge. Grougaloragran was familiar with Dragon's needs, but Eliatropes had more difficult needs. They needed to be held, hushed, lulled to sleep, burped, fed, clothed, bathed etcetera.  It was a whole new Boufbowl game for an old Dragon like him.  Shiroazaads needs were so much more simple. Although he had to admit the children needed to be clothed if they were going to live as humans. The Emerald Dofus he had collected was yet to be hatched, yet he hoped that it would soon do so as well. His family had been too long apart. He missed his brother Chibi, his Sisters Mina, Shinonome and Nora, brothers Phaeris, Efrim, Glip, Qilby, Yugo, Baltazar, Adamai. They had all been separated for far too long. Too long from their own kind, and their own planet. There was nothing left, but family.

Although their growth took many years, it happened in a blink of an eye, the moment he taught them how to talk, was a moment of great regret. ;"Grou-Grou! What is behind that invisible Wall??" They always asked. ;"Grou-Grou! When can we learn how to fight???" ;"Grou-Grou! Explain this in an easy way!" Grougaloragran felt as if he was going insane. One child was enough but TWO. Oh how he wished his Sisters were here to handle this. They were always good with children. As was his brother Baltazar. He himself was an inventor, mentor, not a father figure. Teaching Aeri how to use her Wakfu would be difficult too. If left unchecked she might become quite the fearsome opponent. Maybe even more so that a Shushu, a demon. He tried his best to teach her proper breathing techniques, as well as Wakfu control. But he did not tell her how to fully use her powers in battle. Sure he taught her how to make portals, travel through them and make normal energy blasts, but the little child's talent was still untapped. For Grougaloragran, while he would never actually admit it, was afraid of the power of Stasis like Wakfu. It was nothing like he'd ever seen before. This was completely new territory to any Eliatrope child. No other had a mix of both Stasis and Wakfu.

Despite the race differences, Grougaloragran did his best to raise them like his own. Taught them survival skills, Wakfu techniques and channeling, and fighting in hand to hand combat. Eliatrope children stay look wise as such for a long long time due to their natural longentivety. Aeri looked like an 8-year old, despite now being couple of hundred years old. Her brother was no different. Still, that didn't stop them from wanting to see beyond Oma Island's illusonary wall. Over to other places. The two would often try and sneak past their father figure to get to the wall, but their plans were always thwarted by the old dragon. This day was no different. ;"C'mon Shiro! We have to go when it's still dark. Grou should be sleeping by now. It's now or never!" Aeri said to her twin, who nodded in response. The two jumped from tree to tree quickly and silently, teleporting every now and then, closer and closer to the beach's border. ;"Only a little bit left!" Shiroazaad victoriously stated whispering. Their fingertips nearly touched the invisible Wall. When a giant tentacle wrapped itself around them. ;"Uh-Oh." Aeri stated. The tentacle then whisked them away towards the thick jungle they had previously come from. ;"Didn't Grougaloragran tell you children NOT to go over the line?!" A giant Squid looking Dragon told them. Dragons were naturally good at shapeshifting. So something like this was nothing to an experienced, elder like Grougaloragran. Both Aeri and Shiroazaad pouted, looking at the ground. "Do you have something to say?" Grougal asked, turning back, crossing his arms. He looked down on the children with an intense glare. "WELL? Aeri?" She avoided eye contact. "Shiroazaad?" He too did the same. "Guh... What will Grougaloragran do with the two of you? You give Grougaloragran a huge headache." He told them. Aeri glared back at him: ;"Well Grou-Grou needs to stop referring to himself in third person." She told him angrily. He stepped in front of her. ;"And YOU need to learn to respect my rules little one." She looked apologetic. "I DO respect your rules it's just that... I want to see what is on the other side of the wall!!" She yelled strongly, proudly even. He sighed. ;"Grougaloragran has told you, why it is impossible. You are far too young for it." He explained. ;"I'm over two hundred years old brother! I may not look like it but I am old enough! PLEASE!" Aeri pleaded. Small red glowing markings appearing on her skin. ;"Aeri." Grougal said sternly. She calmed down, the markings disappearing soon after.

She laid wide awake at night. Pondering what Grougaloragran had said. True she was young at age too, the dragon was far wiser and older than both of them combined, but still... She wished to see the rest of the world. With her brother. It had been her dream ever since she was ACTUALLY young. She knew Shiroazaad shared that same sentiment. They weren't sure what they would see in the outside world, but they wanted to know. To see it with their own eyes. That passion burned bright in their hearts. Just as they used to travel thousands of years ago, so soon, would they do the very same.