Chapter 4: The Sister's Test

Aeri woke up, this time, not in her own room. Familiar, dimmer glow surrounded her. Once the figure became brighter, clearer, she recognized the room to be Qilby's lab. She was carefully placed on a table with a coat over her as blanket. She attempted to get back up, but a gently placed hand stopped her. ;"Please do not try to move sister. You just had a fall, and I would like to know the reason why." Qilby asked her, with a gentle yet stern voice. Aeri laid back down, taking a deep breath. She then told him what she had seen exactly. From the good times, to the War. She remembered most of it, but some details were still hazy. He took notes of everything she said, nodding along as she explained. Whenever she got too emotional, he would calmly give a light squeeze to her hand, to calm her down. Surprisingly it worked. In minutes, she calmed down, taking deep breaths. She promised herself she wouldn't cry, but it was becoming quite impossible. 

She wasn't sure how long she spent sniffling and tearing up, but in the end, she stopped. Falling asleep on the table she had been formerly been carried to. Assumingly by Qilby, since he wouldn't let anyone else in his laboratory. Shiroazaad must've been furious leaving her alone, but knowing their brother, he'd know what to do.

The next morning, she quickly hopped off of the table, noticing Qilby sleeping on a chair next to it. He must have been watching over her the entire night. Aeri gave a small smile, placing the coat on him, exiting quietly to allow him to sleep. In her opinion, he never got enough of it anyway. To her surprise, Shiro was sleeping against the door she came out of, making a small PLOP when he fell. Curiously he was STILL asleep. She attempted to gently nudge him awake. It didn't do much. She then, tried to carry him to their room, but it turned out to be harder than it looks. ;'How can a dragon this small, weigh THIS much?' She wondered, when he wouldn't move for even an inch. Her workload was solve for her, when he suddenly woke up, looking around confused, until his eyes laid on her. He quickly got up, embracing his twin tightly. ;"I was worried." He said. ;"I know." She answered. ;"I was here all night thinking up impossible scenarios, worrying for nothing." He continued. ;"I'm sorry." Is all she said. ;"It's okay." He told her, burying his head to her shoulder, not wanting to show the tears of relief falling from his cheeks.

When a second pair of hands appeared around him, he jolted. ;"what're you crying for Shiro?" Nora asked, looking at him innocently. He covered his face with the high collar of his over coat. ;"I was not." He answered shyly. ;"Were to." She said, smiling slyly. Their arguing went on for a while, Aeri looking at the familiar scene. Considering Shiro hardly talked to anyone, this was a good and needed experience. ;"So Nora, why are you here? Worried about me?" Aeri asked. Nora shook her head. ;"Nope. Well kind of, I was worried you've overworked yourself like your teacher does. But mostly because, it is THE DAY." She said excitedly. Aeri looked at her little sister confused. ;"The day of my trials, so I can become a full Council member, like you two?" She said as if it was a wildly known fact. Her eyes widened. ;"Ohmy Goddess! Of course! Oh, Shiro we NEED TO BE THERE when Nora leaves for the trials!" Aeri gushed. Shiroazaad nodded. Nora looked happy. She took both of their hands, leading them to the training grounds to see her teacher, Glip.

Once they arrived, Aeri took a step back. Glip and her, had always had a rocky relationship to say to least. She thought he hated her, because of her powers, and he didn't know how to help her. He would've taught her had he known how to handle the power of the Stasis, but it was too different from his expertise. Neither would really talk about the subject further, to avoid conflict. As a result they had both been staying far away from each other. The Councils gatherings were always sore at best. She took her brothers hand with quite a grip, but he didn't mind, he squeezed her hand in return. Nora knew of the problem, but didn't quite understand it. They were all different in their own way weren't they? So WHY were her big brother/teacher and big sister so awkward around each other? She decided not to ask though, they'd tell her when they were ready. Nora excitedly jumped around, her dragon brother Efrim, very much sharing that enthusiasm. Aeri always thought he looked like a beautiful fae-like being. Seethrough wings, big shiny eyes, and such Grace when flying. Sometimes she felt a bit jealous, watching Nora and him play. She wanted to feel that freedom. Yet she felt trapped because of her... DIFFERENCE. But at the very least, she could make sure no one else would have to feel like her. Nora was fidgeting from excitement, even though she'd have preparing training before her actual trials started. They would have to wait for everyone to gather around. Including the King. Aeri quickly sneaked towards Baltazar to have a talk with the wise old dragon. Him and her got along smoothly, he would give her advice. She would stay and read with him and for him, as his eyesight wasn't what it used to be.

She snuck behind Shiro, making a small portal while Glip was talking to Nora, going through the rules of the said trials. Reappearing in front of the slightly snoring dragon. She tapped his front leg lightly. Baltazar opened his big white eyes sleepily, staring at the small figure in front of him curiously. ;"Aeri? Is that you?" The big red dragon groggily asked. She nodded. ;"How long do you think your brother over there, can go on with the rules?" She asked him jokingly. Baltazar took a look at his Eliatrope twin, currently lecturing the younger set of siblings. ;"Knowing Glip, this might take quite awhile" He answered seriously. She giggled at that, knowing full well he was right. She pet his head in Caring, loving manner. Something poked her side, she soon realized it was Glip's cane. ;"You too could learn a thing or two about the rules." He stated. She looked to the side, avoiding eye contact. ;"I uh- Yes brother. Sorry. I just thought I'd let you and Nora finish your talk." She answered, walking away in shame.