Chapter 12: The Dofus

Aeri spent a good while trying to make sense of what she had just seen in her mind. None of it made any sense. Were those her memories? But from a different time? From a different reincarnation? She has heard about this being possible from Grougaloragran, but didn't know it was possible to REMEMBER her past lives. Being born a Demigod sure had it's upsides, despite her never thinking much of it. To her she was just a child looking, yet mature...ish Eliatrope with her Dragon sibling. And these two were looking for a Dofus. An Eliatrope Dofus if their luck would have it. They couldn't sense them besides of their own, since they were connected to it, so finding any of the Seven Dofus would be like finding a needle from a haystack. Of course once they'd be close enough to see one they could easily recognize is as one of their own. Finding all Seven of them would be a hassle, so for now they decided to look for a very specific one. Their own. A brilliant Ruby Red Dofus. They weren't exactly common in big cities, but Aeri knew people would sometimes smuggle rare objects and items In cities much like this one. And now they had met a group who would know a thing or two about it. Not only that they had helped them get a great haul of treasure. And it was time for them to pay up.

;Lightning Fist." Aeri tried to say without laughing at his name. It proved to be hard. ;"Yeah kid? You fine now?" The Rogue asked. ;"Yes. Now. I need information, about the Dofus? Like we agreed. You got your treasure so.." she told him. He laughed. ;"Okay then kid, man you must be fun at parties... I'm telling this to you straight 'cause I like you okay?" He asked her. She raised an eyebrow. ;"Okay...?" The Rogue stood up, crossing his arms. ;"We don't have any." He bluntly told her. ;"Any..?" She questioned. ;"Any information about any Dofus." He continued. She stopped completely. What did she just hear. ;"You mean to tell us we went through all that trouble... FOR NOTHING?" Shiro asked in an irritated tone, his eyes lighting up, glowing in a hauntingly beautiful blue color. Aeri couldn't believe what she just heard, a mix of frustration and disappointment deep inside started to grow. ;"So you had us do your dirty work, KNOWING you had nothing to offer us in return?" She asked, looking at the Rogue in the eyes. A reddish glow appearing in hers. The man laughed. ;"Well it's not like you asked any of us whether we knew or not kid." The others joined in on the laughter. Aeri felt... ridiculed. She didn't know what came over her. She jumped up, grabbing his collar, pulling him with her onto the ground. His chin hit the floor and he bit his tongue. She pointed her right hand at him and her hand glowed red. Markings appeared on her face. Of similar red color. She was ready to blast him right in the face with a painful force. ;"Sis-!" Shiro yelled. She didn't listen. The Rogue looked up at her tear filled eyes.;"H-hey kid?! What's gotten into you?!" He asked panicking. She was furious. ;"YOU. YOU don't get to call me THAT. You have no right to-!" She attempted to say, until she saw his frightened face. He was shaking. The other Rogues had already surrounded her trying to think of what to do. They had guns ready, but none of them actually had the guts to shoot a little girl. Even if this WAS acting... like a scary monster. She lowered her hand, markings disappearing from her body. Her eyes turning regular green color. Shiro ran past the Rogues to her. He grabbed her shoulders, and gestured her to take a deep breath. Aeri did as instructed. The rest of the glow disappearing. 

Smisse got up from the ground dusting himself off. ;"Well THAT sure was something.. Don't see that every day." He said. Aeri glared at him. He flinched instinctively. ;"Let's go Shiro. We don't have any more time to spend with lowlife crooks." She told him, walking outside. He followed her taking last glance at the leader of the Rogues disappointedly. They were half way on the alley when he yelled after them: ;"Hey kids wait up!" Lightning Fist called. The two turned to look at him. ;"What? Wanted to gloat some more?" Aeri asked spitefully. He felt that one. ;"N-no? I was GOING to say, until you attempted to off me- WE have no information about the Dofus." The two were unimpressed. "BUT. We might know someone who DOES." The two gave each other the look of "Do we really trust this guy?" She sighed. ;"Who is this person?" She asked him. He flashed a smile at them. ;"They call him 'The Lord', and he knows EVERYTHING there is to know about the Dark Market." She smiled determinedly. Shiro gave a deep sigh. ;"Here we go again. Dealing with the bad guys.." Lightning Fist raised his index finger. ;"Bad Guys who are HELPING two lost children to find what they need. If you'd please." He continued. He poofed a small smoke Cloud out of his mouth still unsure about all of this. But if his sister was going, he was sure to follow her anywhere. 

The walk there wasn't too long, they took the most shady looking alleyways and followed Lightning Fist close by. They got a few looks from other thieves and crooks here and there, some probably thought they had been kidnapped or were going to be sold of somewhere. Aeri thought about running a couple of times, after all they barely knew Fist! What if this was just an elaborate trap? And what about this Lord? They knew nothing about him but his name! They could always fight them, but not without getting the attention of authorities, and they really didn't have the time nor energy to try and explain why they were technically not even children nor why they hung out with Rogues of Bonta. They stopped at the end of the alleyway. An old looking abandoned shop that simply said: "FLOWERS." The Letters were barely seeable, nearly all faded, and the old sign was turned as 'closed'. Lightning gave three rapid knocks on the glass of the door, and four on the wood part of it. It was nearly rhytmical. The door opened up just slightly. ;"Yes? Who is looking for me?" A sly voice said. Lightning straightened his back and said: ;"The early robin sings." There was a shuffling sound inside. ;"Until the bow-meow strikes." Said the voice. "Lightning, it has been too long." The door opened up all the way, revealing a rather young brown furred Ecaflip with a missing eye, and stubby little tail. "I didn't know you were into human trafficking." The Ecaflip said looking down at Aeri and Shiro. "Or... are you perhaps babysitting?" Both men looked at each other, before bursting to laughter. "No, but these little ones need your expertise." He gestured for them to go inside. The Ecaflip watched them both closely with his one yellow eye as they entered. Both of them felt a sort of pressure while inside. What if this really WAS a trap?

The door shut after all four entered the shop. It was pitch black. Shiro's small fire breaths were the only thing lighting up the room a bit. Otherwise it was dark, and stuffed. Until a small light was lit up by the Ecaflip. A small desk under a pile of books and maps appeared in front of them. To their right stood a row of pots and unused vases. A single flower in one of them. To their left was a pile of treasure chests, possibly filled to the brim with gold and jewels. Behind the Ecaflip was a smaller room protected by a thin tattered curtain. He gestured for them to follow. There were stairs leading downwards. The two gulped and followed him hesitantly. The room was less stuffy, but it smelled like... catmint? On the wall was the World's Map, as well as smaller map of Bonta. Varying sizes of cat toys decorated the floor. At the end of the room was a big ball of yarn with a well used scratching post. Guess they had found The Lord's own personal room. The Ecaflip took a seat on the yarn ball and gestured the others to do the same on others. ;"So... you're looking for what exactly?" He asked streching hid arms. ;"A Dofus." Said Aeri. His only eye glowed. ;"Oh? A Dofus? And what, prey tell would a couple of kids like you do with such a... POWERFUL, not to say RARE item?" He purred. ;"That is for US to know and for you to find out." Aeri sassed. He meowed. ;"Ha! I like this kid. She's..  Fun. How about you small boy? Are you fun as well?" He asked Shiro, who only gave a huff as a response. "Lovely kid." He stated flatly. "If you want to find a Dofus I'd suggest looking through the Dark Market. Lots of important things go missing, you'll most likely find them there. I have some.. 'FRIENDS' there. I could help you. For a price that is." Aeri readied herself. ;"Name your Price." She said determinedly. Lord glanced at her smiling deviously. ;"Well first my dear.. you need to tell me just WHAT are you REALLY?" He asked looking at her from head to toe. Shiro braced himself to go help her if needed. Aeri shook her head to him. She was pondering whether it was worth it. But to find their own Dofus, it wasn't too steep of a price. She gestured to her hat. ;"Alright. But when I show you, promise you won't scream." She said.