Chapter 42: The Island

Prince Adal watched in horror as the Shushus fell through the portal onto the island, he had never seen such a thing in his life. Yugo watched with Phaeris as Anathar came into view. He could feel something was wrong with Adamai as soon as the possessed dragon appeared. He got a sharp pain in his head. ;"How can he be here? He was with Qilby..." Yugo said as he soon noticed Qilby smiling, standing on Rushu's shoulder, and Aeri who held onto dear life next to him. ;"That traitor, he's the cause of all of this!" Yugo said angrily watching the scene horrified. ;"Qilby, that name resonates in Phaeris' head like a distant vile echo." Phaeris said. ;"Phaeris? That's your name? How come I've never heard of you before?" Yugo asked. ;"Phaeris has guarded the treasure of this island for centuries child. A veil of invisibility prevented anyone from coming close." He explained. Yugo told him it was just like the one Grougaloragran created. Phaeris could remember him.

As soon as Rushu was on the ground, Aeri quickly portaled away, unable to be so close to him anymore. ;"Aeri! Wait!" Qilby yelled after her, when he noticed Phaeris up in the sky. ;"Anathar, if you want to test your powers, that dragon up there is the perfect opponent for it." He said, as Anathar grew wings and began flying towards Phaeris, who threw Yugo away from harms way. Then he engaged in a battle of dragons with Anathar, exchanging blows. The Fogflexes were attacking the Shushu's down on the ground, where Granny and Remington where hiding in the midst of battle, trying to find a place to hide in. Prince Adal ordered to bombard the island as he wasn't sure who to shoot at. Meanwhile Percedal was having the time of his life fighting the Shushus. Shiro wanted to find his sister as soon as possible but the many, many Shushus were coming at him from the air and the ground. He then began whacking them, and spitting fire. While doing so he also helped out some of the Foggernauts who were currently battling the Shushus down on the ground. Yugo went to Percedal, to tell him that he shouldn't stay on the battlefield. Rushu on the other hand wasn't happy that there were soldiers and an army in the sea. He grabbed Qilby before he could go after Aeri. ;"I knew you were hiding something you rat!" He yelled. Qilby tried to explain that he didn't know about the army, but Rushu began squeezing him in his hand, until Qilby grew his arm big enough to hit Rushu in the face. He then portaled away saying: ;"You fool! You're but a pawn, do whatever you want to this world, there won't be much left soon enough!" Rushu decided to fuse some of the submarines with him, creating a new kind of armor for himself with a robotic arm that could shoot similar beams to the other vessels. He began shooting back at them. Prince Adal ordered all Fogflexes to attack the Shushus on land. Yugo was trying to figure out how to free Adamai, he asked Rubilax about it but not even he knew how. Yugo decided that only Qilby could give him answers as he was the one responsible of all of this. He hopped from portal to portal trying to find him leaving Percedal and Rubi behind, who decided to fight for themselves. ;"Now who should we fight? On the left we have Rushu. Nearly unbeatable. On the right is the woman who owes me a a second round.. and up there, we have dragons. We can't go there anyway.. so. RUSHU IT IS!" Percedal decided. ;"Are you crazy?! You just said he was unbeatable!" Rubilax yelled. Percedal just smiled climbing his way towards Rushu. ;"Hey fatso!" He yelled. Rushu turned around to hit him with a fist surrounded by red energy, causing an explosion as he hit him.

Qilby had found Aeri who was watching the scene mortified. ;"Aeri, come with me, let's find my Dofus and leave this planet together!" He said reaching his hand towards her. Aeri didn't know what to feel. ;"Qilby I-" She started when Yugo appeared. ;"Qilby!" He yelled. ;"Ah Yugo, you've arrived. Do you like the show?" He asked. "I've never liked violence but seeing these idiots tear each other apart fascinates me." He said. "Compared to intelligence, strength is nothing." He continued. Aeri looked at the two. ;"Yugo! Are you okay? You're not hurt are you?" She asked worried. Yugo shook his head. ;"I'm fine... But he started all of this! He lied to us, and sent us on a journey so he could get the Eliacube!" He said. Qilby smiled. ;"I was too weak to fight you, besides I didn't lie, my Dofus is really on the island." He told Yugo. ;"You betrayed our kind and you-" Yugo said when Qilby hit him with his Wakfu arm. ;"Shut up! I didn't betray anyone, it was the other way around! Only Aeri and Shinonome have been there for me! And soon we'll be together to lead the Eliatrope people!" He laughed. "And believe me Yugo.." He said blasting towards him. "You won't ruin my plans a second time." He said. The two began fighting each other, by creating portals and blasting each other, they were pretty evenly matched. ;"Please don't! You're family!" Aeri yelled. ;"What have you done with Adamai!?" Yugo yelled. ;"That pest? I gave him to Rushu he would've come in my way sooner or later." Qilby said creating dozens of portals at the same time, Yugo watched in horror as he began blasting him. Yugo tried to dodge the best he could, blasting back, he managed to get behind Qilby, but he was caught by his foot, sending flying nearly into the ocean. Qilby went after him, still attacking him, as Aeri went after them both. Their little game of tag came to a close when Qilby hit Yugo down on the ground from behind him. He didn't get back up. Phaeris felt this and immediately dashed to his direction. Qilby made a Wakfu scythe saying: ;"You know, I would've liked this to go differently. Goodbye Yugo." He said raising the scythe, when Phaeris appeared to protect Yugo. Qilby dodged him and his fireball. Aeri watched the scene horrified. She didn't know who to help, or who's side she should be, they were all her family after all. ;"Phaeris remembers you Qilby the traitor, you started the war against Mechasms, millions of Eliatropes disappeared because of you!" Phaeris said. Remembering the time he took Qilby's left arm when they fought each other, Yugo sending him to the Blank Dimension, as a punishment for his crimes. Qilby told Phaeris that he was there to get his Dofus, but the dragon told him he'd never get it. That's when Anathar landed on the ground. Phaeris quickly took Yugo with his tail coiled around him and moved him to the side. Yugo yelled: ;"Give me back my brother!!" To Anathar who lunged towards Phaeris, breaking a wall behind them, falling into the waters below. Aeri was quick to act, portaling in after them. Qilby did so too as he felt his Dofus near by. The fall caused a vortex to appear. And Yugo, Phaeris and Anathar were taken underwater. Yugo nearly drowning in process.

Percedal and Rubilax were fighting Rushu who found Rubi's treachery likable. They jumped in towards Rushu who by using his index finger, sent them into a wall back first. He was about to hit them again when he sensed something. On the boat Evangelyne worried of Yugo, Percedal and Shiroazaad. ;"We can't leave them handle everything themselves! They'll get killed" She said. Amalia yelled: ;"Well maybe it teaches them not to toss us aside like this!" She huffed angrily. ;"Stop talking girls, something..  is coming closer." Ruel said. ;"I hear it too." Black Ink said. Laughter could be heard from above. Goultard jumped down into the ocean, the waters parting creating a small space for him. He then jumped back up creating a huge wave which moved the boat towards the Crimson Claw island. Goultard jumped on top of a cliff, breaking it's peak. ;"Rushu my old friend. What a surprise." He said. ;"Goultard?! I was intending to pay you a visit." Rushu said. ;"It seems you've forgotten the pact between two worlds." Goultard said. ;"They broke it first when they entered the Shukrute!" Rushu argued. Goultard noticed Percedal. ;"Dally? You know God's won't let this pass." He told Rushu.", ;"God's are too weak for me to worry about you insect. You too are but a shadow of your former self." Rushu said. ;"That's still enough to sent you to your own dimension." Goultard said. Rushu spat firestone at him, which Goultard easily dodged, and summoned his broken blade on a chain. Rushu summoned a giant battle hammer. Goultard jumped in the air, Percedal giving him a boost, as he dashed towards Rushu, swinging his blade he cut a part of his beard off. Rushy raised his hammer, and brought it down on Percedal and Goultard who both held it the best they could before Rushu managed to bring it down on them.

The boat finally made it to the shore, Evangelyne immediately jumped into battle, shooting the Shushus trying to locate Percedal. She asked Cléo to come with her, as Amalia went to Prince Adal to tell his plan wasn't working as well as he had thought. Amalia told him to instead concentrate on shooting the entrance or the portal in order to minimize friendly fire. He took it into "consideration" as he gave the order. Black Ink, Elaine and Ruel hid behind a broken up part of a Fogflex ans a rock, while Black Ink wanted to join the battle, when he tried he quickly retreated back, and got kicked by Elaine repeatedly for doing something so brash. Meanwhile Yugo, Phaeris and Aeri appeared from the waters. Aeri had made a portal big enough to take both Phaeris and Yugo through it. Phaeris laid Yugo on the ground, touching his forehead, he unlocked part of his abilities temporarily to be able to battle Qilby better. Usually it'd take years to master. Qilby appeared, saying: ;"Phaeris, you better tell me where my Dofus is, and MAYBE, I'll forgive you for taking my arm." He didn't comply. Instead he attacked Qilby, saying he wouldn't win even with the Eliacube. ;"Why do you think I brought friends?" He told the Dragon. Phaeris made a powerful blast, which made the cave they were in collapse. He took Aeri and Yugo to a carry, and began flying fast towards the room the Dofus was in. ;"Phaeris would've liked to meet his King differently." He told Yugo. ;"Your King? I see, so it was never Qilby, was it?" Yugo said. ;"Never. Phaeris has so many things he would like to tell you Yugo." He said. As they flew to the Dofus room, where a beautiful red egg was held on top of a long tree branch.  "Qilby can feel the vibrations of his Dofus, soon he'll be able to find us." Phaeris said. ;"Right you are again, Phaeris." Qilby said appearing. "I must thank you for keeping my Dofus safe for all these centuries." He said. ;"Keep the Dofus safe little King, I will handle the traitor." Said Phaeris, readying himself. ;"Stop calling me that!" Qilby yelled, as he made a portal appear, and Anathar lunged from the inside towards Phaeris. Yugo tried to get to the Dofus, but Qilby smacked him down on the ground with his Wakfu arm. Taking the Dofus for himself. ;"Shinonome, at last we're together." He said as the Dofus began to shine in brilliant blue hue. Pure energy appearing all around it. Qilby laughed. Aeri silently prayed that everything would end up well, as she watched Qilby closely. Yugo made a Wakfu sword and shield appear. ;"Qilby!! Let's finish this!" He yelled. As energy surrounded him. ;"Yugo please! There must be another way, please Don't Fight him!" Aeri yelled. ;"I- I can remember somethings.. about the Mechasm attack, and I'm sure he didn't mean for all of those people to perish like that! He couldn't have known." Aeri explained. Qilby looked at her softly. ;"I always said you were my favorite student." He said. Aeri felt conflicted. Yes Qilby might have done the bad thing Phaeris told them about, but he couldn't have known the full effect it'd have on their people right? He couldn't have..