Zach

I remember Amy rushing towards us, stumbling. Blood ran down her face and her arms. She had a look of a traumatic experience in her eyes.

But then... She collapsed in my arms.

I remember the trip to the hospital. She was in an ambulance. I was in there, with her, holding her hand the whole time.

I remember that I tried to get into her room, but the nurses and doctors wouldn't let me.

She was losing blood, fast.

And here I was. Pacing like crazy for 12 hours in the waiting room.

Mom was allowed to go in.

I couldn't.

It made me so nervous, thinking about Amy, everything that had happened in the past few hours.

"She's okay." Mom rushed to me in a mess of sobs. "She's awake, her wounds are stitched and she's... she's okay." Mom hugged me as hard as she could as I processed the information.

"Come, with me." Mom pulled me into Amy's room.

There she was.

The most beautiful girl I'd ever known was turned into a patchwork quilt of purple and red.

Her right eye was black. Her bottom lip was swollen. She had cuts all over her, and even with the stitches, you could still see the damage had a lot of an impact on her.

"You're alive." I breathed out, releasing a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"Barely clinging on the edge." She croaked.

"I'm sorry." I broke down in tears next to her bed. "I'm sorry, I should have told my mom, I should have done something to stop her abuse." I cried.

"Zach... Please, I'm okay, I really am. Not physically, but mentally." Amy attempted a small smile. "Your mother, she saved me. She was the one that called the police."

"You're not okay! You say you are but you aren't." I sobbed louder and louder. "Look at you! You're a mess of purple and red bruises and cuts and-"

"Shhh..." She whispered. "I haven't seen a mirror yet, and I'm sure in your eyes, I'm still the most beautiful girl in the world."

She was right.

She was still an angel to me. Even in her green polka dot hospital gown and identification bracelet, she was still beautiful. Past the scars that her mother had placed on her, and past her looks... She was beautiful. If only our eyes could see personalities, not looks.

"I love you. I'll be out in a few days, I promise." She attempted another small smile. "The authorities say that I'll be staying with you until Uncle Barny comes and becomes my guardian."

"Live with us?" I asked.

"Yeah. For a short while, anyway. Don't get used to it, pretty boy." She joked.

There it was. The old Amy had returned. Every memory of when we were kids floated into my mind.

Mom put a hand on my shoulder. "Zach, it's best if we go home."

"I love you Amy." I whispered. As she drifted off to sleep, we left the room.

She was safe and peaceful for once.

Hey guys I'm sorry this chapter was total bullsh*t, it was a fluffy but kind of important. It showed that they both need each other and although they're teens, they love each other very much.

Just my outlook on that.

Sophie.