Zach: FINAL CHAPTER PART 1

A/N IMPORTANT READ AT THE END

***

A few days later, it was New Years.

It had seemed like a normal day. I'd planned on waking up in my bed, rubbing my eyes in case that would help in adjusting them to the light in my room.

This time, it was different.

Amy woke me up. She had shaken my shoulders like she had when we had driven down to Virginia.

"Zach." She said in a singing, teasing voice. "Its New Years, darling."

"Let me sleep." I moaned, and she chuckled.

"Hmm... How about I do... This?" She whispered into my ear, and started to kiss me.

"Amy..." I groaned. "Are you trying to get me morning wood?"

"Hmm. I wasn't aware." She smirked and stopped kissing me. "Get your butt up. I love you, darling, but it's ten in the morning and you didn't show up for breakfast earlier."

My eyes widened and I sat up immediately. "Wait... Breakfast? With bacon?"

"I don't know about bacon, there's a possibility that we ate it all." She smirked again. There was no way that I was going to put up with her teasing. 

I put my hands on her waist and lifted her over to the bed across from me.

"No more teasing." I said, looking at her square in the eye. "Please." 

She fingered the necklace I had given her for Christmas. Kissing me again, she sighed and pulled away shortly after. 

"I'll be in my room if you need me." She whispered, then walked away. 

I won. 

***

That afternoon, I looked at the picture book Amy had given me a few months ago. I flipped through the photographs. 

The first one was taken when we were about four or five, the first day we met. I was hugging Amy and had my head on her shoulder. She smiled, but not with her teeth. God, I loved that smile. Her eyes were lit up, and maybe they could light the whole of New York City. 

She was beautiful, even then. Even when she still had bangs over her eyes that were often tucked behind her ears when they were long enough to do so. I had the stink eye, as if I was forced to hug Amy in the photo. Funny, back then, Kyle had told me that all girls had cooties. 

The second one was taken around the same age. We were holding hands, and in our other hands were ice cream cones, dripping onto our hands. She had strawberry ice cream. I had chocolate. I remember our arguments about which one was better. 

In the third one, I was kissing her. It was her 6th birthday party. I would've killed whoever took the photo 7 months ago. 

But now, I wouldn't. I'd blush and say, "Yeah, that's me. I thought it would be a nice extra birthday present." 

Amy would smile, blush and hide her beautiful face behind her hair. When she was done, she'd reply, "Yeah, that's Zach. He's the one who stole my first kiss. He's the one who just stole my heart." 

And it was true. I did. 

She stole mine, too. 

Amy came in, quietly, singing. 

"Loving can heal

Loving can mend your soul

And it's the only thing that I know 

I swear it will get easier

Remember that with every piece of ya

And it's the only thing we take with us when we die."  She sat next to me, still singing. 

"We keep this love in this photograph

We made these memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Our hearts were never broken

Times forever frozen still

So you can keep me

Inside the pocket

Of your ripped jeans

Holdin' me closer

'Til our eyes meet

You won't ever be alone." She sang quietly. When she finished with the chorus, she smiled and looked at me. 

"What a coincidence." I grinned stupidly and gestured to the photo album. 

"Yeah." She chuckled. 

"It's been seven months since you came over." 

"Really now?" She blinked in disbelief. "It's only felt like a week." 

"Well, if you considered a month a day in that week." I looked down at her. 

"True." She chuckled again. "Come on, you owe me a piggy back ride." 

She climbed onto my back and slowly, I stood up, making sure she was secure. 

"You okay up there?" 

"What, you expect me to reply with a cheesy cliche comment?" She asked, laughing. I loved her laugh. 

"Yeah." 

"Well, then, I'm always okay when I'm with you." And with that, we paraded downstairs. 

***

A/N: 

YES I AM STOPPING AND ENDING THIS STORY. I DO HAVE A SEQUEL PLANNED BUT DON'T EXPECT IT TO COME UP THIS FALL, IT'LL START UP NEXT YEAR RIGHT AFTER NEW YEARS BECAUSE I WORK LIKE THAT.

AND ANOTHER THING: I AM RESTARTING MY R5 FANFIC. SO THEN, YOU GUYS CAN FINALLY RELAX, OKAY? JUST RELAX, I ALREADY HAVE WRITTEN THE FIRST CHAPTERS AND THAT IS STARTING UP THIS FALL. 

I LOVE YOU ALL AND I HATE TO END THIS STORY BUT I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TWO PROBLEMS IN ONE STORY AND I FEEL LIKE IT SHOULD END. THAT BEING SAID, THERE IS ONE LAST CHAPTER TO GO BEFORE SOME OF YOU DISSOLVE INTO A PIT OF DESPAIR (in a superwoman voice: JUST KIDDING) SO YEAH. DON'T GET MAD AT ME. 

-Sophie