Zach

About a week after Halloween, I realized I said the phrase and Amy said it back.

I was sitting on the couch, watching Finding Nemo with her. I was sitting upright, while her legs were in my lap as she was lying down.

"Amy?" I paused the movie. She looked up at me.

"Yes?"

"I just realized I never asked you out on a proper date."

"You didn't have to, silly. New York and Comic Con were enough." She smiled, then gently stole the remote from me and resumed Finding Nemo.

"True, but-"

"Movie." She pointed to the screen, then hushed me.

She was something else.

*************************************************************************************************************

A few weeks later, it was Thanksgiving.

Mom wasn't working, so she and Amy were in the kitchen cooking, while my dad, my brothers and I watched an old game from football. I wasn't allowed to go into the kitchen until after dinner.

We hadn't invited anyone over, so we'd have a lot of leftovers, and then there was Christmas. The holiday season was always certainly the best.

By the time dinner arrived, we all were starving, and also half drooling because of the aromas that tortured us all day.

There was stuffing, gravy, the turkey (of course), cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, squash soup, and cornbread.

"You guys cooked up a storm." Dad said, kissing Mom on the cheek. My brothers made gagging sounds while Amy leaned her head on my shoulder.

"This looks amazing." I told Amy, and she blushed.

"It was hard." She stopped leaning on my shoulder and shook her head. "Your mom did most of it."

"You helped." I said, shrugging and kissing her forehead.

We sat down and all began eating. My brothers and I nearly wolfed it down, while my parents and Amy ate slowly and quietly.

"That was as amazing as it looked." I said, wiping my mouth. Amy giggled and shook her head.

"If I wasn't your girlfriend, and if I wasn't staying here, I'd probably yell for you guys eating it so quickly. You're going to get food coma in a few moments." She kept eating, just finishing off her mashed potatoes. She still had a lot more, but she took her time.

And sure enough, I fell asleep on the couch a few minutes later to the sound of Amy's laughter.

*************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

I'm sorry this chapter was so crappy and short, next week's update will probably be better, but for now this is the best I can possibly do. :/ I hate writers block.

-Sophie