Zach

I don't want to leave Amy like this for the Diary Of A Wimpy Kid cast reunion. So, I decide to turn down Peyton's invite.

Every day I spend with her, and we just talk. The subject of her mother, let alone her family, is one we easily don't mention. My mom's been giving her special treatment, such as trays for each meal, and each time we go to Amy's every other week check up at the hospital, Mom raids the gift shop and always gives Amy at least one stuffed animal. Amy's always incredibly thankful and doesn't stop blushing each time Mom gives one of those plushies. Its cute.

Peyton called me while I waited for Amy at the hospital. Mom was off in the gift shop again.

"Zach! Why aren't you coming?! You're the main character in the movie!" Peyton screamed in my ear the minute I answered.

"Woah, Peyton, chill. Let me explain."

"You better explain! We were all counting on you!"

"Look, my girlfriend's going through a hard time. She just got out of the hospital a few weeks ago with scars, physical and mental, and I want her to know I'm there for her. Look, I'll Skype you guys-"

"Zach! You got a girlfriend?! Who is she? What's she like?" Peyton interrupted.

"You'll meet her soon, Peyton. She's the most beautiful girl in the world. Gotta go." I told Peyton as I saw a nurse wheel Amy out.

"Oh, you're so going to get it the next time I see you!" Peyton yelled, and despite her protests, I hang up just as Amy reaches me and Mom comes back with yet another plushie for Amy.

"How did it go?" I asked Amy.

"The cuts are healing up, my face is healed but the part on the abdomen... Its going to stay like that forever. I'll start physical therapy in a few weeks." She informed me.

"Oh."

"So the reunion." She mentioned.

"I'm not going."

"Zach-" She started but I cut her off.

"No, I want to be there for you." I smiled, and she looked up at me with a smile.

"You know you didn't-" 

"I wanted to. Besides, they're looking forward to meeting you over Skype." I laughed. 

"Okay." She replied with an uneasy smile. But I know she's secretly happy. 

*****************************************************************************************************

Dude, why aren't u coming? -Devon

Zach, I wanted 2 c u really badly! -Robert

You'll pay for this, Gordon. -Chloe

What happened? We were all really looking forward to seeing you! -Laine

Hey sweetie, is there something wrong? -Rachel

Zachary, what's going on? -Steve

When I wake up the next morning, my phone has blown up by the cast's texts. I quickly scroll through them. They're all demanding answers; except Chloe, who's marked me with some sort of threat, in which I'm not sure if I'm scared of or not.