The wedding: Part two

We danced the night away to mostly modern pop songs and a few slow songs. After Super Bass (Yes, they actually played that song) Leo pulled me out behind the tent.

"I have a good idea! Come with me!" He said. He led me to where the wedding aisle was, still lined with rose petals, but the seats were long gone. "We gather the rose petals in a huge pile and we throw them over Lily's and Barny's heads!" He explained.

"That's like the best idea you've ever had, lets get Ivy!" I said, and he runs and grabs Ivy. We put the rose petals into one big pile. It was dark out, and the fireflies were just lighting up around us. Zach was talking to my grandparents.

We gather petals for about half an hour, then Barny and Lily come over. "What's going on?" Lily asks.

"Close your eyes!" Leo says and they do as told.

"Ready? 1,2,3, GO!" I yell, and we tell them to open their eyes as we rush back and forth between the petals and the newly wed couple.

"Aww, thank you!" Lily tells us, and we get pulled into a group hug by Uncle Barny. Zach watches us.

He walked towards me and hugged me. "That was sweet." He kissed my forehead.

"You're kinder than that." I reply, getting on my tiptoes to kiss him on the lips.

We stayed out there and danced the night away.

**************************************************************

The next morning the families had a Krispy Kreme Doughnut breakfast in a different part of the hotel. I put on some converse with shorts and a t-shirt and headed downstairs with Ivy and Leo and our grandparents. I meet Zach down there, already on his second doughnut. He smiles, glaze all around his mouth. I smile back, then go to greet Barny and Lily. After that I meet my new grandmother who says whenever I come over to New York to tell her so she can visit us. I smile, then go on to get breakfast. Zach is stuffing his face with a third doughnut. I smiled and shook my head. Grabbing a doughnut and some orange juice, I walked over to Uncle Ed's table and started playing with Christopher's hair. Christopher is 18.

Zach came over and I wiped his face with a napkin. "You're so messy." I laughed.

"So I'm a messy celebrity. What about you? A neat nobody?" He teased.

I shrugged. "Pretty much, yeah."

He puts on a straight face. "I was kidding."

I put on a straight face. "So?" I cross my arms. I neatly eat my donut and wipe my mouth.

"So, what is after this?" Zach asks me.

"We take a car ride back up to New York, celebrate my birthday there, and then, Comic con down in San Diego with my cousins. Unless you want to join us, I suggest you go back to Oak Park." I smirk.

"I'll be there for everything, but COMIC CON?! Of course I'm going! What are you going there for?" He asked.

"I volunteer there... And I get 5 passes to the superhero hall." I cross my arms. "But there are only 4 of us, so I suppose I'll give it to a fan."

"That's good... Or you could give it to me."

"You've never payed attention to Marvel. You've only watched the Avengers. You'll have fans to meet. So no. " I say. Leo snickers.

"But I want to be with you." Zach whines.

I grab a paper towel, roll it up and hit his nose lightly. "Maybe." I smirk, then grab another doughnut.

We sat in the same order in the van as we did before the wedding, only now Billy was in shotgun and there was another row of seats avalible where Aunt Leila sat. And it was daytime. We'd arrive at around 5 in the afternoon.

The first hour of the ride I was using Kik to talk to Zach. It was better if no one heard our conversation.

Me: whatcha doin?

Zach: kik-ing u.

Me: listening to broadway stuff.

Zach: oh?

Me: Superboy and the invisible girl- next to normal

Zach: can I listen in?

Me: it won't work. I have the song lyrics

Zach: what's the meaning of the song?

Me: Superboy and the invisible girl/ son of steel and daughter of air. / he's a hero a lover a prince, she's not there. / Superboy and the invisble girl / everything a kid oughta be / he's immortal forever alive/ then there's me. / I wish I could fly / and magically appear and disappear / I wish I could fly / I'd fly far away from here.

Zach: So the meaning is that the invisble girl is living under Superboy's shadow?

Me: Yeah. Sort of like you and I.

He kissed my forehead. "You won't be for long. " He said and I snuggled up next to him.

After that we didn't talk at all. You don't need words to express your love someone. You just feel it. So we stayed there, Roanoke disappearing behind us.

********************************************************************************

YAY I'm FINALLY DONE with this chapter and the wedding and Roanoke!!!! It may not be a 1000 words (Its actually a whopping eight hundred and forty four) But ITS AN UPDATE! And here is the shoutout for today!!!

IT GOES TO..... DRUMROLL PLEASE... ALEAHDAWOLF Because she is AWESOME and has been constantly pestering me to update, so HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all love

Artemis9206!