Zach: Chapter 9

"Zach... Babe, it's time to wake up." Someone lightly shakes my shoulder.

"Mom... It's the Summer!" I moan.

"Zachary Adam Gordon, it's me, Amy?" Amy shakes me some more.

"Where are we?" I struggle to open up my eyes and when I do, we're in front of a castle like building.

"Hotel Roanoke. " She smiles.

"Hmm... and what time is it exactly?" I ask, still not very awake.

"4:30 AM." She replies, then yawns. "Come on, we have to check in. " She grabs hold of my wrist and pulls me out of the van.

"We're going to be in seperate rooms... Since your Uncle Billy is already here and checked in, you get to stay in his room. I'm staying with my grandparents. "

Uncle Billy is waiting for us when we get in the grand hotel and takes my hand. "Come on Zach, we're going straight back to bed. Leila, come with me. I know where your grandparents room is." We follow him into the elevator and we get out on the second floor.

"May... Your grand daughter is here." Uncle billy taps on the door.

"Okay.." May takes Leila's hand, and walks back inside. "goodnight Anak(Son)."

We go to Billy's room and I fall right onto the cot. Fast asleep as soon as my head hits my pillow.

****************************************************************************************************

(5 hours later...)

"Zach, if you want breakfast, wake up and get dressed so we can go down to the buffet. Amy and her family is already there." Uncle Billy says. At the sound of food, I instantly wake up and throw the blanket off of me.

I grab my comb, fix my bed head and grab a t-shirt and some jeans. I get dressed quickly and then get my phone.

Me: Morning love.

Amy: Morning sleepyhead. :). Get down here before they end the breakfast buffet. It's really good. I'm not supposed to be texting you so until you get down here, I'll have to sit by myself... Grandma ditched me with Grandpa... He has arthritis and won't come down, so it's just me!

Uncle Billy and I are dressed and ready to go, so we head downstairs to the dining room. Amy is sitting at a table by herself staring at her phone. She looks worried. Really worried.

(This part has some cuss words so... Don't read it if you hate cussing!)

Walking closer to her table, I hear her say,"Shit... It was only a matter of time before they found out." Wow... That's the first time I've ever heard her cuss. Something must be wrong.....

"Hey Amy!" I say.

She locks her phone, puts it in her pocket and says,"Hey Zach. " She smiles, but I can tell its fake.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

She sighs. "The paparazzi saw us."

"WHAT?! But how... we didn't even go out of my house!"

"The stuff in New York... We didn't have any disguises! And they could be in here... Now!" Realization spreads throughout her face.

"I'm not sure I can do this... Opening my life to the public, receiving hate... and loving you at the same time." She frowns.

"It's alright... I'll help you with it. But right now, I need to get some food!" I smile.

She laughs and drags me to the buffet.