XLII

My daughter is a fucking ray or sunshine. She's very smart for her age, she gets that from me but Athena as well.

I want to talk to Athena about Kay'Leigh possibly getting my last name. Of course she can still have McCoy I just want her to have Green as well.

Kay'Leigh Daria Green McCoy or Kay'Leigh Daria McCoy Green? Which is better mhmm?

I like the sound of both.

Whatever Athena decides I will go with it.

God, I wish I hadn't even left her. Athena was my day of sunshine, now it's just cloudy with rain. No bright light. Nothing.

I did this though. If I would've told her, how would everything play out right now?

I want her back, imma do everything to have her. I know she's happy with Trey but I need her.

We need to be the power couple we once were. We have to. I have to make everything right.

I'm a better person than I was. I've grown more, matured with age. It's time I'm serious and settle down but only with Athena. She's all I ever need. Want!

I know how Athena really feels. I can tell on her face she really resents me but she's trying and that's what I need.

My birthday is in two days I'll be 42. I know Athena had Kay'Leigh a day after her birthday so we're all in the same month.

July 8th, July 14th, and July 15th. All our birthdays.

42, 29, and 5. Wow!

I feel like I'm too old for Athena now. But people can't tell I'm in my 40's so maybe it's okay.

I will admit I did think about getting with my one night stand back in Trenton but I was always committed to Athena no matter what.

Commitment is always something that's important to me, will continue to be and I will make Athena mine once and for all.

Mark my words!
_____________

"Trey baby, there's something important I need to tell you." I say as I walk in the room.

Welp finally happening, I'm telling him about the history between me and Kyle and how he is Kay'Leigh's father.

He takes off his glasses and give me his full attention.

"Yes?"

"Okay, so don't get mad about what imma tell you."

"You know I won't."

Taking deep breaths in my head. "So of course you know Kyle Green." He nods his head. "Well we have history together."

"What kind of history?" I know he's not dumb he just wants me to say it.

"Four years ago we developed into a relationship after I photographed his family photos. We knew there was an attraction there so we developed into it. We had ups and downs in our one year relationship but he was really my rock in everything. There was some things going on with both our exes that caused us to split. Him more than me, but he's also Kay'Leighs father." I concluded my long ass rant while he just looks at me.

"Please say something. I know I should've told you but I didn't want what we had to reflect into my old relationship. I didn't know he was back in Georgia because the last I heard he was still in his hometown. We was close, since we're both big in the media we was declared a powerful couple. We both planned out our future but things didn't work out."

He doesn't say anything right away. I know he's trying to wrap his mind around everything.

"Wow! Has he met Kay'Leigh?" I nod.