Tragic Fate - Verse 3

Laid bare was her skin, droplets of rain hitting the earth at a rapid pace. Bodies of fallen combatants spread out the ground, with weapons closing the gaps in between the corpses.

There she stood, on top a hill of corpses as particles of mana floated amidst the air. Exhausted, drained of energy. Bloodied were her hands as she tried to replenish the oxygen in her body.

To her, everything felt cold. Her mind, her body, and her spirit. Warmth didn't exist in her current predicament, the sun unwilling to give its light one last time to a dying flower. She pinched herself, not feeling the pain. Had she forgotten what pain is? Or did she get used to it? Her now fleeting mind questioned.

She looked around, observing the battlefield. It was once a city housing a few hundred thousand people, reduced to a baron wasteland with only bodies and bloodied weapons could be seen.

She then examined herself. Cuts and bruises on display, at the same time as she losing her senses. Her hair, once a beautiful auburn red is now a similarly gorgeous purple. Her eyes now devoid of life. 

"I..."

She, who had always prioritized others over herself, was now given a chance to be selfish. She, who wanted nothing but saving others, was given a moment to herself.

"Am..."

Her legs buckled under pressure, unable to carry her weight from how weak they were. She was losing consciousness. This was it. It was nearly time for the flower to wither away. To give new life a chance to prosper. She smiled at the fact.

"...The Fallen Cherry Blossom."

She closed her eyes, accepting that she'd enter an eternal slumber with a smile on her face.