-Chip-tastic-

"We are done here Zizy! New upgraded Chrome!" The eccentric Ripperdoc said

"Thanks choom." I flexed my hands, nothing too new, broken parts and older parts changed out to the newer models, I pulled a cigarette out of my pocket and lit it, taking a drag. 

"With pleasure! It's been a while since anyone had so much chrome in them."

"Yeah." I stretched. "Heard the story of the Sandevistan from Santo." I hoped off the upgrade chair.

"I wish I could have worked on him myself, that legend!" The Ripper laughed. "But I'll get on fine with you, you are much more intelligent."

"In what way? Ripper are you going soft on me?" I smirked, rolling my eyes.

"As if! I'll sell all your pieces once you bite the dust but intelligent in the way that you don't overdrive your body, you are as far from going psycho as any normal person is whole being almost fully chrome." 

"I still have squishy parts." I said, nudging him out of my way to pick my hip couch off the normal chair.

"Yes and many chrome junkies would have already covered them years before you got to the level you are at, you take your time, like Zizy! You don't even have implanted weapons! That's the basic!" He wheeled around the room in a wheelchair, lacking legs but his chrome legs were dismantled on a work table as he tried to update them before I popped in.

"I have my reasons." I sighed, it was not only because I took my time that I was still sane.... I wish it was just that...

"Ah you and your mysteries! Come on sell them too me! I pay well!"

"No can do Ripper, trust no one in NC, you taught me that." I smirked at him as I shook my finger dismissively, he laughed like a mad man as if I told him the best of jokes.

Tho I did feel bad because no one I ever meet will be able to know the truth.... Ever.

"Here's the Eddies for the upgrade." I dropped their check version on the nearest surface that was not full of chrome parts. "See yah next time Ripper."

"Goodbye too my best customer!"

I left the hole in the wall... Literally, climbing out behind a bin and walking away, out of the alley and into the main road, walking passed people living their lives like ants, going here and there without a purpose.

My hands were in my pockets as I got in the monorail, I didn't take the bike today, a little train ride won't kill me before my cancer sticks do.

I looked out the window at the passing buildings, bored out of my mind by the simplicity of life outside of gigs.

I was forcing into this Merc life style but I need it for money and Catlan vanished before I could put my blade through his head.

I need a new fixer I gues-- Grab.

I grabbed the wrist that was reaching towards my neck. I purely noticed because I was always on my guards but now I also felt the chip cover popped open and the shard half out of the socket.

"I wouldn't do that." I said bored without facing the person tho I dragged them off the monorail as I got off since the doors literally opened and if I needed to fight I didn't want to on a train, the lack of space would be a bother.

"Let go of me now!"

"Look girly--" I stopped talking.

The girl I was looking at was probably my age, short many colored pastel hair and she looked quite shocked despite her slight outburst, trying to force me fingers open around her wrist.

I sighed, looking away.

"Just... Don't do this." I honestly feel unable to explain why I just let it go like that, usually I would teach them a lesson but I suppose she seemed weak too me.

I clipped the shard in again and walked away, rubbing my neck.

"How did you notice me?" She asked from much closer then I thought, her steps are silent but she is following me.

"My secret, your mystery, now scram choom before I teach you to not mess with me." I resorted to threaten.

"What the hell is this? Where did you get that!" I felt her poke the Sandy that would be seen with the jacket I am wearing but little to no one actually should know how it looks like, not many realize it is a high grade.

But in her voice there was recognition.

I looked over my shoulder, not truly expecting the tear filled eyes as a fucking orange monowire lashed out.

I ducked it last second, watching it slice into the wall behind me.

The world took a blue hue as I ran, only after images left for her to strike.

I ran up the two flights of stairs and looked down as time caught up again, watching the ground be sliced where I stood.

"COME BACK HERE!!!" The girl went from zero to eleven fast and even without a Sandy she was fast. "YOU TOOK THAT FROM SOMEONE I CARE ABOUT!!!"

"Jesus bitch, other people can have Sandevistans too!" I barked to myself, activating it to run. "What was shoved up her ass?"

I tried to run further but where I wanted to step was blasted away. 

"WOW!! GET BLOWN CHOOMBA!!!" A small girl with huge arms said, holding a white and pink shotgun.

I looked at my leg, my shoe was messed up but the chrome I could see only seemed to have chipped of paint, thank god the high grades.

"HEY YOU BITC--" I felt that accursed monowire around my throat before I was yanked in the air by it and slammed down right on my head.

Safe to say, I saw my world go black moments later.