-Shutdown-

I sat up tho it felt like all parts of my body were rusted over.

I rubbed the uncovered part of my face.

"After we get done here we are taking it slow, no more gigs for a while." I heard Lucy say categorically. "And you are not fighting me on this, I don't want you to go psycho."

"I teeter on the edge currently." I said to her, smiling weakly as I looked at her worried eyes. "I won't be against a break after this mess is over."

"Come on, we need to get this off." I stopped her as she brought her monowire to cut through the pieces.

"Don't.... I don't think I can get through the rest without losing it without this machinery shooting me up when I'm about to tip over, not with all they did." I deployed the mantis blade as I looked at it with a frown.

Lucy looked quite worried as I said that.

"Help me stand." I asked and she did, pulling me up by the arm. "Since we are here, we need to get it done."

"I don't want to lose you."

"You won't lose me, I promise." I grinned but she didn't, I guess I was not convincing enough.

"Last someone promised me this he died, please pull back when it is really getting bad."

"Of course. Come on, we need to get to the servers." I said.

I aimed my right arm at the wall, the rocket launcher at the closed door and sent one flying off and blew it open.

I flexed my hand and the weapon closed up again.

I guess I don't need to get weapons again, I am already loaded up.

I 'flexed' my muscles, the rocket launcher shifting down and a second mantis blade took its place, ready to deploy when needed.

"Lets go." I said and so Lucy pull out her wire.

"I have your back."

"Great." I picked her up in my arms and had the Sandy buzz up, running down the known hallways.

It was extremely easy for me to get where I wanted to get to.

I hung my head, hold tight as one of the vials emptied.

"Damn." I coughed as I put her down, Blood spraying out in front of me on the ground.

"Don't push yourself idiot!" Lucy scolded me.

"Since they didn't expect your monowire they weren't ready that you'll get me neutralized." I said, not acknowledging her words as I walked ahead.

It was like a big amalgam of wires merging in one huge one that reached into the ceiling, the red light here was bright so the danger was still there. There were linking chairs around it with screens all over the wire 'tube'.

I walked over and tapped away on the screens.

"Yes? What does that mean?"

"They'll send in the TechDeck." I clicked 'authorize sever access' after I cracked the code and jumped into a chair. "I need to log in and crash the servers from the inside like last time but this time a total breakdown they can never salvage and then take out TechDeck and the upper control."

"Wait! You can't risk it! You already have trouble as it is, you can't destroy the severs while logged in!" She stopped me from logging in, keeping my from plugging in.

"I did it once I'll be fine, we need to do it before the TechDeck shows up while tracing us down." I said, pushing her hand away. "Trust me Lucy."

"Dammit Zyber.... Why are you like this..." She looked ready to cry.

I sat up a bit, grabbing her face.

"I'll come back." I promised, this time I gave her a small kiss before leaning back with a grin and a wink. "They can't make me go psycho that easily." I plugged in, eyes instantly rolling back as I was thrown in Militech's cyberspace.

"Lets get to work." I cracked my knuckled with a smile.

Holos popped up as I set up a destructive breach protocol followed with my quickhacks.

I groaned, the pain never went away when doing something like this but I needed to see it through because and a breach protocol can't bring everything down by itself.

I ducked a firewall attack, looking like a rogue AI so basically a human shaped bunch of 1's and 0's that fizzled out shortly after it was created.

I deleted another file, causing three AI's to jump out, lashing with inhumane movements as I avoided, watching them run themselves to their death.

"Good luck Lucy." I said as I destroyed another line of Militech code, summoning more of the defense system. "Because I know I'll need it here."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I tapped away on the screens with a frown, making sure vitals and all were stable, the cooling system worked so she wouldn't fry her brain and all off that basic stuff.

I sighed worried at the twitch, face twisted in pain but I can't do anything.

I pulled out my wire, rolling it around my finger as I stepped away from the machinery and outside of this cable room.

I closed the door behind me, pulling the wire taut between my hands several times as the opening mechanism spat smoke, my quickhack breaking it down and making it harder for anyone to open this door.

"Come at me TechDeck." I taunted the still empty hallway, the only entrance to Zyber in the main hall. "Come and try to get passed me." I said, voice dropping dangerously, ready to fight to the death.