-Thoughts-

I sat in front of the terminal, nervously tapping my finger on a key that would do nothing.

"I really don't know how you understand that Choomba!" Rebecca said as she watched the pixelated screen I was looking at.

"You are not a netrunner, you wouldn't understand." I simply said but even this was such a low grade compared to what Zyber would be seeing.

I wheeled my chair too the target, uncapping a syringe and skillfully injecting it in the visible throat vein, making sure he wasn't near waking up tho he was still chained up.

I looked over and shook my head with a smile.

"You idiot." I thought, watching her lay in the ice bath but like, her legs were up and kicked out over the side, one arm up on the ledge, other on her stomach, head on the side of it with the plug in the interface on the back of it this time, all while still wearing all her clothes because, I quote, 'Like hell am I doing a striptease for free choom' When Falco asked why didn't she undress.

"Rebecca, go get more ice." I said, knowing this would be a while longer and the ice would not hold out that long.

"Ay ay captain!" She did a salute, leaving the room.

I was left alone, Falco was talking to our fixer currently so he wasn't here, he never wanted us to meet them but I guess they are secretive, he was getting a gig for money since we spent quite a few Eddies to get this man for me.

I wheeled the chair more too the bath, leaning over with my elbows on my knees.

It was a year since that day, and only now are we getting closer to revenge and only because of her.

Now, I see why people say I changed. I get it. I even feel like myself again, the lights of NC are bright again.

"I wished this wasn't the only way." I muttered, passing my hand in her hair, watching her calm face.

I thought a lot, really, I tried to find an alternative too her plan and there were alternatives, many even... But they came out as more dangerous with a higher rate of death.... There were other choices but this was the safest and yet, death was still high.

The idea of Zyber facing Adam Smasher was.... Terrifying.

"But this time I won't leave." This time I won't let Falco or anyone take me away. "If we are dying, we are dying together." I smiled, I am not being left alone once again.

I moved my hand from her hair too her face.

How did she worm her way in so easily? When even did it happen? When we met? Later? When?

Leaned forwards with a smile, without much hesitation, pressed a kiss on her lips.

I sat up and rolled away when I heard Rebecca nearing, turning to the screen with a smile.

"Here's more ice!" She said, showing the bucket as if it was filled with Eddies.

"Dump it in the bath." I said, clicking on the screen before going back to simply watching it.

"This is sooo boring."

"You are free to leave Rebecca, I know you want to go see your 'friend'."

"Yay!!" 

"And she gone." I looked towards the door that slammed closed.

I spun my my chair without moving, leaning my head on my hand with a smile as I watched the girl under.

I wished we could do this in any other way.

The fear of losing someone in the same way again.

But all I can do is do as she asks: to trust her.

I must trust and not try to hide like I did, it was because of that that they all needed to save me last time and what led to that day. I am not making that mistake ever again.

This time we'll all be ready and prepared.

"We will be." I promised. "You are not dying on my watch."