-Calm Before The Storm-

"What are you doing?" I blinked awake, my sleep is usually deep but I felt an unusual weight on my back.

"Don't move." I felt like a small thing hammer away on my back.

I yawned, I guess I was sleeping on my stomach this time, not that common so maybe she flipped me on it.

"Why are you sitting on me?" I felt her weight on my back.

"Your sleep is quite deep." Lucy said instead. "You wouldn't realize someone stealing your implants off your body."

"Haha, really funny Lucy." I said, feeling her roll off. I felt safe, that's why I could sleep like that while she did her stuff.

I looked to the side, seeing her smile my way as she laid on her side.

"You are an idiot." She said, I simply smiled back, probably proving her point.

"Can I go look at whatever you did to my Sandy?" I asked pointing at the Sandy, the only idea I have is she carved a drawing in the metal and I am interested to see what she marked me with.

"Sure, feel free."

I stood up, stretching.

"You took a peek?" I joked since to get to whatever she was doing, she unclipped my bra and as I stood I was without it, laying forgotten on the bed.

I laughed as she threw her pack of cigarette at me followed by the bra itself as an answer to my question.

I just walked to the mirror turning around to see.... Well.... Nothing.

My mouth hung open in surprise.

"Where is it?" I asked.

"It was a fitted yellow piece, not soldered.... You are really oblivious you idiot, you didn't even realize how many time I was there, measuring the size of it, it was a bit finicky to get it out but it is done." She pushed herself up on her elbow.

"You even matched the color." You needed to look extremely closely to see there was even a logo there in the first place.

"Yes, it was hard and the piece is clearly a lower grade then the Militech metal but still the highest I could find." She held up the yellow metal logo between her fingers.

"How the hell did you do this without me feeling it?" I asked in awe, grabbing it from her hands and it was indeed what the Sandy had because it was now gone.

"I honestly don't know you idiot." She shrugged before smiling. "You like it? I thought I'd get it done for you as thank you for helping me get this Sandevistan back for me."

I dropped the logo and threw myself on my bed, hugging her with a laugh.

"Stop it Zyber!" She laughed as I squeezed her in my arms.

"If I like it? I love it! I am no longer marked at Militech's instrument of war, I don't care if the filler is lower grade, I would be happy with wood if it could cover it as well as you did."

"You idiot." She said again but didn't push me away.

It was a nice silence this time, not the awkward ones at the start, it was calming, something I could bask in for a long time here with her.

But everything has an end in NC.

"Now we'll need to infiltrate Militech." She said, sounding quite distressed about it, her eyes really worried. "To bring them down for your and my dream."

"We'll be fine Lucy." I said, my head resting on her chest.

"I am still worried Zyber and I don't think I'll stop worrying until we finally get it all done and live in peace."

"There is no peace in NC but I get it."

"I really wish it was easy."

"Me too Lucy."

It was going to be dangerous, with all the things we need to get done.

I sold off all Militech weapons when I escaped so I need to get new ones there while also putting the servers to death.

"What if we appeal to other crews of Edgerunners with something like.... We are breaking in Militech, take whatever you want from there if you can get there, no sharing, everyone gets what the want.... All while making them feel like there is already a lot of people agreeing to come to make them come."

"So lying to them so they help, not a bad idea."

"Yeah and they'd be the distraction as we sneak in and get what we need done before leaving, there is little to now chance Militech will let them get away plus only the newer crews will agree or the confident one, taking them off the list of rivals for gigs."

I shifted away as Lucy pushed herself up slightly, I rolled on my back and crossed my fingers, putting them under my head as support as I watched her with a smile.

"And Arasaka wouldn't pinpoint that it is us, that way they won't sent Smasher after us, because I escaped them once, they wouldn't let it happen a second time."

"Yep, slightly decreasing the risk and blame towards us and Militech would never ask Arasaka for help after their own weapon escaped them before destroying their life work."

She smiled suddenly, leaning over, kissing only a small kiss but my heart still leapt up.

"You are a genius Zyber." She said, her forehead against mine.

"Only with your help." That made her laugh as she laid back on her back too.

"We'll start the rumor on the net, it would beef up their security as they'd know of it but people will know too." I gave my idea.

"Alright, I'll do it. I'll get it done fast."

"As you wish."

It was calm.

The calm before the storm to come.