-Trouble-

"This is going good." I said, watching the deep-net and how the rumor of the raid was getting more and more traction.

I was walking in NC with a simply plastic bag in my left hand and clicking away on the holos that popped up, I was so good at this that I could really easily pick out the info I wanted and swipe through.

The streets were empty it was so late, NC never sleeps or when it does its rarely.

<Yo Lucy.> I said, smiling to myself.

<What is it idiot?>

<I found the drink you wanted, you never told me it was so hard to do, I needed to go to three different stores after the one I got food in for the fridge.>

<You never asked.>

<You devil.>

<And my cigarettes? I am NOT smoking yours.>

<Yeah, yeah I got your 'I saw a cherry once in my life' tasting cigarettes from Rebecca.>

<Alright, hurry up.>

<Right away ma'am.>

<You are such an idiot.> She hung up before I could answer, probably not wanting me to be able to talk back to her, she likes having the last words in anything.

I chuckled to myself as I shook my head.

I heard a far away ftunk-like sound before a whole was blasted in my side.

I gasped, looking over my shoulder, the entry hole was a small pinhead sized dot but a football sized hole was blown in my stomach.

The piece of chrome was hanging loosely.

I was in shock before I heard another similar sound, this time I just dove away from where I was standing, the concrete blasted up as if a small bomb was shot out.

I took a deep breath and ripped of the flapping chrome piece, blood splattering but it would keep it from getting stuck on it.

I dove into the nearby alley, hiding behind a large bin as another silent and lethal shot went off.

I crouched behind it, hand pressed against my bleeding side, looking around but unable to see anyone from my position.

I rang Lucy, that third shot came from somewhere else and I just couldn't pinpoint even their cyber signature, like I was shot at by ghosts, not at all linked into the system.

"Come on, answer." I muttered but it just rang and rang until the call ended with the holo text showing 'no network' written on it. "What?" No network? How? "A Jammer."

I tried to call Falco or Becca but couldn't get through so I was sure, at least one of the three would answer if there was not Jammer, I left Becca's like ten minutes ago.

I tried to find the jammer, hacking into a camera I noticed before breaking into the network until I found an anomaly.

I go to breaking through the set up firewall.

I flinched when the blast blew a part of the bin I hid behind away, breaking my concentration and failing to hack in.

"I need to get away from here." I said to myself.

I ducked out of my hiding place and ran, Sandy-ied only a few steps ahead as the same thing was happening as I explained to Lucy, The Sandy makes the same muscles act much faster so it is a bigger strain on the wound.

But even with these burst of speed I couldn't avoid the different sort of blast.

A blue cylinder landed in the concrete in front of my feet, I saw spikes shoot out of it to anchor itself in the ground before a loud 'whooomp' sound echoed.

I didn't know what happened before I just fell over.

"EMP..." I muttered, out, knees buckling and falling backwards.

----------------------------------------------

I had a bad feeling, a really bad feeling. Why did Zyber hung up on me?

"She's taking too long." I said, trying to contact her.

The apartment felt too little with the stress, I was walking circles on the roof of the megabuilding.

I couldn't help it, I still remember the anxiety of the unanswered calls in high stress situations.

"No network?" I asked, anxiety going up instantly because only Jammers cut the connection like that.

<Guys, any news about Zyber?> I asked.

<Not since she left!> Rebecca answered.

<Haven't seen her, why?> Falco added.

I was basically running down the staircase into the parking lot the moment I heard their answers, right after having grabbed the bike keys.

<Zyber hung up her call, well not really, no network, that means a Jammer is up near her and I have no news, she should have been back half an hour ago.

<That's not good.> Rebecca said.

<Help me look for her.> I said.

------------------------------------

I drove to where I last knew she had been, right at the last shop she visited.

I slowly drove off the street.

"Hey! Move it! Drop that!" I yelled, aiming my gun at the man.

Lucky dude didn't want to die, dropping the plastic bag and the drink he pulled from it before running.

The glass bottle broke on the ground but it was the brand I asked her to get.

I got off the bike, rounding the car so I could pick the bag up but the world stopped.

I thought for a moment I accidentally had activated the Sandevistan but no, time crawled along normally.

There was broken concrete, blood, an implant piece and holes around.

"Oh no..." I felt my hands shake, thinking of the worst things I ever could think off.

I touched the implant piece, scanning it and it came up with the serial number of a piece Zyber had.

<I found her.> I whispered.

<We'll come right away.>

------------------------------------------

"This is not good." I heard Falco as I held the implant and a small cylinder.

"What happened?" Rebecca asked, having come with guns.

"This." I help up the cylinder and twisted the top, manually making the stabilizing spikes come out. "Military grade EMP, no implant would remain working with such a powerful thing going off."

"Arasaka!" Rebecca yelled but I shook my head.

"No..." I said, worried, truly. "TechDeck." I stared at the Militech logo etched in the surface.

But Zyber is no idiot.... How did she get in such a trouble? She never truly worried about them when she escaped so why didn't she escape this time?

I looked at the blood, most likely hers, a new sort of weapon? Someone spying on her?

"Falco, I need to set up a gig." I said, feeling my blood boil as I quickly thought up a possible reason.

"For how much?"

"As much Eddies as we have, I need to find someone really fast."

"And who?"

"Someone that has a reason to betray Zyber." I crushed the piece of machinery and dropped it. "Her old fixer."