-Zybervistan-

(In the series they use this song each time for like emotional moments, how can I not do that too? I love the song okay? Deal with it lol.)

I dipped back in the building, having walked up to ground floor to make sure this time they wouldn't try to approach Arasaka. When that was confirmed, I went back down.

I rubbed my neck as Lucy was leaning against the hood of a random car, eyebrows furred as she thought the events over.

"Zyber, just who are you to have an elite team of Techdisk-" "TechDeck." "Doesn't matter! Why do you have a military level squad after you as your obstacle to freedom? I can't come up with any ideas."

"Well...."

-----------------------------

"STOOOOOOOOOP!!!!" That's the only thing in addition to the wordless screeches that escaped me.

I screamed my throat raw, hell even blood was dripping from it as I tried to pull my limbs free.

"Damn the others didn't scream as much." I heard a grumble as the pain stopped growing and remained constant.

I was like cuffed and shackled into a metal frame that could spin on itself and it was moved in a way that I was staring at the ground. In addition to the mind numbing pain I could see the blood, flesh and spine pieces they tore out and discarded on the ground in clumps.

The frame was stood up and I was freed all at once.

I collapsed into a heap.

"Wha... What.... Did you... What." I trembled in pain, unable to move.

"Give her a few days and she'll drive that Sandevistan around like she was born for it since... She WAS born for it after all." And laughed were exchanged between the men with more mockery I didn't hear.

I reached a shaky hand back, feeling the smooth chrome before it protruded out on the spinal area.... I almost believed that they had freed me with a gaping hole in my body.

I wanted to cry but I had no strength, my consciousness, no longer forced awake but constant pain, used the peace to faint.

----------------------------

"My parents were paid graciously to carry my too terms, both of them were specifically chosen for one reason, both had an abnormally high resistance too cyberpsychosis, chrome junkies with all their sane minds." I sighed, precising how I ended up in such a situation to have a Sandy forcefully implanted in my back when I was still young.

"Oh my." Was all Lucy said, I couldn't tell what she thought about.

"Yeah, I was given too Militech right after I was born and was their lab rat since then, I didn't even have a name, none of us had, just a serial number."

"But why?"

"They found out Arasaka's first net project and wanted to pick up where they messed up tho they learned of that project later. From what I learnt those children were raised from birth to netrun but we started netrunning when we were teens so zeroing was waaaaaaay more common and they were mass kidnappings and human trade to keep up the experiments."

--------------------------------