-The Unexpected Guest-

I crawled through the air-ducts silently.

I looked through the grate underneath me, seeing a group of guard run passed while yelling.

"Banzai? You idiot." I muttered what Zyber said with an eye roll, she easily gets excited.

I need to get her out of my head before I get hurt for being distracted by my worries.

I pulled a small piece of monowire out and threaded it between the gate parts and pulled on it, the thin wire slowly pulling through the metal and cutting, cutting the pieces one by one until I could fit out as the alarm blew loudly in my ears, did they instant the alarm system in the air-ducts of what?

I finally cut a hole and dropped from in, crouching as I landed, making no sound.

I slid my hand in pocket and grabbed the thumb sized shard for a moment, all the malware and daemons that would make all of Arasaka's work void on it.

I walked the hallways, following an old memory as when I was forced to work Arasaka we moved around through many of their facilities and knew my way around them.

I peeked around a corner, seeing no one but I still moved carefully, ready to fight for my life, I have people to get back too.

I once again peeked but through an ajar door this time before stepping in a room like the cable room of Militech.

I pulled the Monowire out, walking through the lined up the plugged in netrunners and whipped the wire at them, slashing their throat open and hearing their dying gargoyles as blood flooded their airways.

I neared the big interface on the mass of cable.

I pulled the shard out, slotting it in and clicking download.

The moment I clicked; the screen shattered because of a shot as it blasted.

I dove away, rolling as I turned around.

"Should have known you were back." I grabbed the wire as I looked at the man that killed David.

"Smasher." I hissed. "I will not let you take the shard! Arasaka will die!"

"I am not here for you; you are no fun." He shook his head, but he had shot up the screen I was looking at.

I know I launched the download but there is so much code on it that that needs to upload.

I cannot see the screen with the percentage, but I need to stop it from pulling it out, the lights, alarm, something should stop functioning and I will know that the system is down.

"Then why are you here?" I hissed, hate pooling in my heart, already expecting something.

"You can't tell me you are this blind netrunner, Militech's downfall is known to all, Arasaka feared, seeing the footage before the systems died and they knew you and your new friend would be coming for them sooner or later, so they got their special new toy ready earlier than expected."

"What? You grew obsolete now?"

"Don't tempt me girl, killing you doesn't interest me more than it did last time, your friend on the other hand? I will gladly kill Militech's weapon when she comes to save you."

"Stop messing around!" I yelled, slashing the wire out but shots came from the side, hitting the weapon away, forcing me to pulling it back to me, looking at a darker part of the room where red eyes stared out off.

"I am here to assess the new toy and destroy it if it fails, it is his job to kill you." he stepped to block the entrance of the room, blocking my only way out of the room.

"Try me." I spoke.

"I hoped you say that, have fun." There was almost a smile in his voice as heavy mechanical steps.

I looked away from Smasher, he is a monster, but he is not known to lie, he will let his 'protege' fight me.

"Come at me you bas--" I froze.

My hands trembled as I saw what it was.... Who it was.

"W-what?" I felt chocked up badly, I could not breathe for a second.

I felt like I was just a statue as I stared down a humanoid robot of black metal and red lights, clearly making a war robot.

But it was the face that froze me up.

I saw his face before, half of it.... And.... Well.... Here was the other half that had been missing in that cargo.

"David?" I asked, rethinking my whole life up to that point. "What are yo--" A punch.

I gasped before the strength of the punch sent me hitting the fall and fall on the ground.

I pushed myself up, half of the robot face was his face, eyes a completely red light, body shape resembling his.

I got up, pulling the wire out, that is not him, that cannot be, he is dead.

I took a deep breath and ran at him, whipping my wire out.

"Lucy? Is that you?" My hand faltered as the wire fell limp, he looked at me with recognition before his new Sandevistan burst alive and punched.

I barely avoided it with my own but was still grabbed by the hair.

He yanked back, making my head snap back as my head was hit against the wall.

"You have a Sandevistan too now? How cute." Smasher said, crossing his arms as I groaned, feeling my nose hurt.

I was yanked and thrown to the ground.

I did not have time to move before I was kicked in the rib and sent smacking against the seat of a dead netrunner.

I grabbed it and used it to stand up.

I aimed a punch; he was so close.

"Why are we fighting Lucy?" I froze again as he sounded so sad, but another punch came, I gasped, spitting blood.

"How do you like the voice imitation?" Smasher asked.

"You bastard." I hissed with tears as it hurt, physically and emotionally. <Zyber he... I... Help m-argh!> I tried to explain to her but could not get anything out before a shot rang and I ducked in fear, the top of my shoulder being caught because of that, tearing the skin.

I grabbed my shoulder, just not knowing what to do, I knew he was dead but hearing he voice? It was chilling, I was unable to convince myself to land a hit, I would be killing David... No, he is already dead! But he is talking to me... I do not know what to think, I cannot control my body, I cannot hurt him.

I do not know what to do.

Please help me....