-Life-

I sighed, flexing my hands, holos in the corner of my vision, running a scan on myself to see just what they shoved in my body and I was more chrome then anything.

I had like a shopping list of things in me, many similar parts meshed together so all of what they offered was present in me.

I sighed, instead of being purely protective the plating on my arms was changed out, the color was still the same but scanning it showed a mesh of firepoof coating, heat converter and the previous ground plating.

(on microscopic zoom it looks something like this....)

"Stop

"Stop." Hands covered my eyes. "Stop constantly checking, you won't feel better if you do." Lucy said.

"I can't help it." I shook my head, freeing myself with a smile. "Look." I flexed my arm and the plating shifted, a mantis blade popping out on top, the launcher out the bottom, the plating fragmented and formed into two blade at the side of my arm, my palm having electric sparks visibly zap across it and to crown this mess-fest, two small clip on handle opened where I could clip a blade or a small gun on. "I am a one woman army, all I still need in this arm is a monowire... I have more chrome in this one arm then most people have in their whole body."

"We already talked about this, it doesn't make you any less yourself." she put her hand on top of the mantis blade and pushed down, it folding back on itself, I stretched my hand as I folded in all the weapons. 

"Still hard to get used to it." I said with a shrug as I grabbed the vial she threw to me.

"I know but tell yourself you sent Militech back to the old net age, their executives are dead and nothing can ever work again." I smiled at that as I uncapped the vial and pressed it in my thigh.

"I suppose you are right, I may be their creation but they are no more." I said, throwing the empty vial in the bin.

"So?" She leaned against the wall with a grin. "How does it feel?"

"What? having to make sure I don't go psycho for the next weeks?"

"Idiot!" She smacked the end of the monowire on my head. "I meant to be free, Militech is gone and even if they come back it will take at least a decade for them to get anything without the heads of the corpo being alive."

"It is.... Monotone, like life hasn't changed."

"I guess you still don't feel free then." She tilted her head, stepping over to my side and sat next to me, dipping the bed slightly while my addition chromed up body weighed more then before so there was a bigger dip in the bed. "Is it Arasaka?" She sighed as she asked.

"I guess... We are still in danger with them, it is because of them Militech got this idea, we both have history with it... Plus didn't we say my dream is your dream? We still have to visit the moon."

She leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Thank you for listening to me."

"Hmmm?" I blinked. "Of course I'd listen."

"Last time the situation didn't permit it, he didn't want to slow down so I am happy you are willing despite you being even more stubborn then him."

"So I win." I said, she smocked me but I simply laughed a little. "Oh come on I was joking, I don't wanna go psycho and even if I know we shouldn't leave Arasaka with time to prepare, I will still stop."

"I am happy for that."

"Anyhow, how's the crew?"

"Falco has to yet again buy a new cyberware hand, that man always ends up destroying it and Rebecca is fine she even sent us something to remind that of that day."

"Oh really? Show."

She pulled up a holo and I could feel silent laughter of her shaking shoulders as I was offended to the core by the image.

"BECCA!!!" I yelled, making Lucy laugh out loud.

"I'd say it is accurate."

"Lucy how dare you!? It is not!" I yelled. "I'll give Becca a piece of my mind!"

"Oh come on idiot, that is a live portrait."

"Is not!"

"It is."