-Home-

I groaned, my head pounding as I came too.

"Welcome back sleepy head."

I looked up.

"Ah Lucy!" I said in shock, sitting up, realizing I was using her legs as pillows.

"You slept until lunch time." She said, not adding more.

"I..." I covered my face, sighing into my hands... Just... Not knowing how to feel.

"Come on." I looked up, seeing a hand in my vision and following it up to her face, a slight smile there. "Get up idiot, we need to go now, before the corpo bastards come down, sees their car messed up and we get in trouble."

I couldn't understand but grabbed her hand as she pulled me up and after her.

"Keys." I held them to her as with a snap of the monowire she picked the pouch of the ground, I tied a knot on since the buckle was broken. "Get on." I got on behind her since she seemed to not want to move from the driver part.

I sat on, grabbing her as she drove off.

I stayed silent for a while, watching the views shift around us.

I watched the familiar world come back, the familiar buildings and all.

<I..... I'm sorry.> I sighed in a call.

<Don't be.> She shook her head, still looking at the road but I saw the bruise left there, on the back of her neck, and it was not even the worst part.

<I hurt you... I-I...>

<Zyber it's fine, I don't doubt others would have lashed out too, realizing this about themselves.>

<I still am so sorry... I shouldn't have, not with my build, I changed out what I could but the chrome muscles and much others cannot be switched out, they are too high grade and...>

<Zyber I will repeat, it is fine, I understand.> She glanced back. <Urgh, fine stop looking like a kicked dog, my apartment was trashed and honestly, I don't wanna go back there as it could be dangerous with your tech guys after you. You caused this so let me your guestroom, I refuse to spend a night in Rebecca's, it is a mess.> She was making me an excuse to repay her not being angry..... And it is working.

<Gladly, tho I have not guestroom.>

<Whatever, tell me where your place is.>

<You forgot since last time you accompanied me back?>

<Zyber.>

<Sending the address over.>

-------------------------------

It took a while to get there from our starting point.

"Here we are." I opened the door, inviting her in.

"The first door to the left is the bathroom and the second (not on the image door) next to it is the small kitchen

"The first door to the left is the bathroom and the second (not on the image door) next to it is the small kitchen."

"It is small." She said with her arms crossed.

"Yeah, told you." I closed the door with a kick behind me, locking it without looking away as she looked around the room and, shamelessly, sitting down on the bed and leaning back on it.

I took a deep breath, casually sitting down on the edge.

I hate these moments of silence but I didn't dare to speak, not after seeing the dark bruise on her throat.

I caused this.... I did this... Dammit Zyber! You can't become the monster they want you to be!

"Hey idiot."

"Is idiot my nickname now?" I asked, looking back at her, seeing she was now not only leaning back but laying completely down but looking at me.

"Take it off."

"What?"

"Your top, take it off." She pulled on the back of it.

"Why?"

"Just do it." She sighed.

"Right right." I looked away.

(For those that wanna admire the drawing again.... Lol it is not the best but yeah.)

I shrugged it off, I only had a bra under it and, in NC, I've seen less

I felt a tap on the top of the Sandy.

"What are you doing?" I asked, looking ahead as my face felt hot, feeling her touch there.

"You are right, that logo is stuck in." She said, tapping the plating of the Sandy that I knew had the Militech logo.

"It is yellow metal and part of it, I can't get rid of that." I sighed, feeling her fingers trace each of them.

"I suppose you are right but I have an idea, if you give me time I could think of something."

"Oh? What is it?"

"Won't tell, secret."

"Aw, alright then, I won't ask."

"Good girl." She pat my head, oh god Zyber no, no, bad brain! Bad brain!! I heard her laugh which made me feel even worst.

"Stop it!"

"How mean of you." She chuckled. "I do have a question tho, is it because of your past that you don't carry weapon implants?"

"Yeah, each part of me was filled with them but I only need my spear to get things done, the Sandy if it is not easy or the interface if simple logging in is not enough. Taking all those weapons out was basically downgrading I suppose, less strain on my body so my body can still take more chrome."

"Please do be careful." I made a small 'uh' sound as she hugged my from behind, her arms wrapped around my throat.

I looked to the side with my eyes, instantly meeting her own.

"I.... Sorry if I scared you..." I was so mad at that moment, I lost reason, I could have caused way more damage to my body and hers if she didn't do what she did.

I felt her arms tighten but I wasn't scared at all, she wouldn't hurt me.

"I lost many people... Be it to the corpos' lapdogs or to cyberpsychosis, please take care of yourself. We've barely met, it hasn't even been a month but I don't think I'd be able to lose someone else in my life."

"You won't lose me." I said, lifting my hand and grabbing hers, she grabbed back.

"I hope you can keep that promise."

"Don't worry." I leaned my head to the side, bonking hers and keeping it there.

I found this relaxing, calming, even if my heart was racing.

I feel like I could get used to this.

I really could.