-Cyberware-

Eyes closed as the wind blew my hair out of my face. It was a calm night and I came here to smoke, not wanting to wake Lucy up since she hates the smell of my cancer sticks.

I ran out a while ago so I let me thoughts go for a spin and they indeed did, giving me my current idea, she'd kill me if she learnt of this.

I tapped my bare foot on the ground and flexed my hands, come on Zyber, you know how to activate your cyberware, nothing bad can happen to you.

I opened my eyes and looked up at the stars, NC lives in the night after all, the day time is almost normal for most people with night bringing danger but life and freedom with it.

I looked down next, seeing the sheer drop of my feet were half hanging off already, it was at least thirty floor high, not counting the parking underground and the several floors for machinery.

I took a deep breath, I will like this.

I sighed and stepped off the edge with confidence.

It was quite a feeling... To fall... Freedom.

I stared at the nearing ground below, the wind not bothering my as it rushed by my ears, blowing so hard it deafened me and would remain so as long as I was falling.

"Lets play Militech, let me see what these can do." I grinned, previously falling my back towards the ground, I flipped myself so I was facing downwards. 

I turned to Sandy on as I turned my head to look over my shoulder as I kicked off the buildings wall in a flip and to get myself further from it.

A row of four carbide wheel popped out of each of my feet's sole, a similar ball baring in the center of each.

I looked back forwards as I braced for impact, the building approaching.

I landed on the roof of the nearby building but it was tilted.

"Wooo!" I laughed, the wheels spinning with no friction as I fell back and put one hand down.

I pushed up, standing on my legs, just rolling down the roof and picking up serious speed.

I jumped when the roof ended to not plummet down the side, launching up really high, several floors high, landing on the roof of another building but a flat one.

I rolled before moving my feet to spin myself as I slowed.

I took a few steps as the wheels pulled in and the plating was back in place.

I jumped off the roof and landed lower on the ground, walking away, not caring I scared someone and that they were yelling profanities my way.

"I guess I can get used to this, practical." I said as I went to walk back towards Dale.

They worked away quite fast Militech.

They shoved me full of many things.

I feel what I am touching or walking on but hell, there is barely anything biological in these forearms and legs now, Maybe a bit of flesh and blood vessels around but they are almost completely mechanical.

I grabbed my forearm with my other hand, watching my arm, everything was different, high tech, new.

They didn't even leave my eyes alone.... MY EYES!!! I could cycle through night vision, black and white, infrared.

They truly made me a weapon.

I looked up towards the left and towards the familiar sight of the skyscraper that reached like a spike trying to stab the sky.

"Arasaka." I said, stopping my walk back as I watched the building. 

I know there were more corpos that exist, Militch and Arasaka are only one of many but those are the two that hurt Lucy and I and they must suffer for it.

I don't care for the other corpos, it is Arasaka that monopolizes NC, Militech had the military, without them NC will be how it is meant to be, free.

"Finally free." I said, holding my arm up towards the building. "Bang." I said, electricity popping off on my finger tip. "And shutdown." I said but the lights remained on.

I looked at my hand as it was trembling, the slightest of frowns being born on my face as I shook it out and slapped my forearm.

I dropped my hand and put them both in my pockets as I looked away, walking home.

I flexed my hands in my pockets, you are find Zyber, you need this chrome to get this done, after it I'll get the.... What this they call them.... Mounted Cannons? I'll call them that, I'll get rid of that after we are done with Arasaka... I think they overshot my limit.

I pulled a hand out and placed it over my heart, a self scan revealing a lot.

There is a bomb right in here, a fucking bomb.

I lost sleep on it and Lucy worried but I couldn't tell her, I just didn't have the heart...

Why?

Because that was another weapon even if I didn't plan to use it unless there is no other choice.

<Where the hell are you?> Lucy's voice came as I answered the call, sounding half asleep but annoyed too.

<Ah euh, I'm coming, I went to smoke.> I said, turning the Sandy on to run home before she noticed my lie.