-Limited Time-

I was hunched over.

I was on my knees, head on the ground as I was holding my throat, squeezing as hard as I could around the metal collar.

It felt like my mind was splitting apart with deep rifts forming between their pieces.

It hurt so much, like my head was being sliced into with a rusty butter knife.

Blood dripped out of my nose and mouth, probably? Maybe from more parts? I couldn't even tell.

All I knew is I was doing my all to keep my mind from fracturing to pieces, I can't let them, I can't become a psycho, I know that's what they want, I know it.

They want to break the me, to control me, once I can't think for myself they'll get what they want.

"TRY AS YOU MAY, YOU WON'T BREAK ME!!!" I yelled.

"I will repeat myself only once more before activating the shock collar Zybervistan, use your Sandevistan again, we need to test the limits, or we'll test the Troxen instead. I'd advise you to listen, maybe even you won't be able to hold out against that." Their voice came through the speaker in the testing room, so loud it hurt my ears, they were just sensitive since my skull felt like exploding under the strain currently. They were trying to test my limits.

The problem? Any cyberware overuse pushes towards psychosis and I was running this edge quite close which meant this was going on for long.... Stupid body and this stupidly high tolerance... Just stupid

"I'll show you testing results you gonks." I coughed, groaning in pain.

I forced myself to my feet, they were trembling, still hunched over even if I was standing, feeling like the whole room was swaying like a boat.

I can't let them win.

I can't let them drive me psycho for stupid tests.

I need to get back to them.

I threw up more blood, glaring at where most of my vision saw that grinning man even if I knew he was not in the room with me.

I need to get back.

I need to get back to Lucy.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Wow there, you don't want to kill him Lucy." Rebecca said tho laughing between her words.

"Shut up." I hissed as I rubbed the blood off my knuckles, ignoring the crying man on the ground. "Falco, tie him up."

"Right away." He did as told.

"Please don't kill me! I'll pay you!" He pleaded as he was tied in a chair, offering up his Eddies like a coward.

"I don't care for your money, I know it was you that sold out Zyber." I hissed.

"Zyber?! I don't know a Zyber!!"

"Any nickname made of that name too!!" I yelled.

"Zizy, Z, Cyber, Berber." Rebecca listed off quickly all the nicknames she could think off.

"Z? Her?" He asked, proving me that he knew that name.

I couldn't help it, I punched him, the chair knocking over because of my strength as he cried out in pain.

I turned away, grabbing my fist, I was so worried and anxiety just skyrocketing because who knows what could have been done to her while we were here doing nothing?

"Knock him out before I do it." I told Falco as he prepared the injection.

I got rid of my clothes and climbed in the iced bath, I haven't done this for a long time, it brought back bad memories but I need to get this information, I need to know where Militech is, I would bet my mind that he sold her out, the fixer she threatened ends up vanishing and her getting jumped so easily out of nowhere.

"Wait for me." I said, this time using the interface to be sure the connection was perfect.

His mind didn't have much protection and was easy to break through.

Easily making my way through his Cyberspace.

I finally found the middle of it, quickly scrolling through any information he had.

"Come on, there must be something here." I said, desperate after a while of scrolling and finding nothing.

I hate this, I am losing another person close to me and I can do nothing to stop it.

"No, I can't let that happen." I said. "I am not losing you too."

I finally stopped, reading the mental memory of the conversation, he indeed talked with Militech, telling them about her habits and what he knew about her.

"This bastard!" I screamed before taking a deep breath.

I downloaded what I wanted and had myself logged out.

"So what did you find Lucy? Some juicy info?" Rebecca asked as I pulled the cabled out and grabbed the towel she held out to me. "You were fast despite your lack of netrunning practice for the past years."

"It was not hard to find what I wanted." I said, unhooking the interface plug and covering the back of my head with the fake skin unlike Zyber who had metal there and a small latch. "He didn't have any high grade protections, it was easy to get what I wanted. Rebecca, put a bullet through his skull, Zyber wanted to kill him anyway."

"Ay ay captain!" She said, already pulling a gun out of nowhere as I dried off and grabbed my clothes after I was done, quickly dressing up.

I smiled slightly in satisfaction at the gunshot echoed before finishing to dress up.

"Luckily, the Militech raid is for soon huh?" Falco said.

"That's not enough, make the news spread on the street that I'll take part and much earlier, do not use the net we don't want the corpos to find out too fast, just like the hour before the raid. My renown with push the operation ahead and we can do it." I gave them my ideas quickly.

"Alright, we'll do that." He said.

"I am with you!" Rebecca grinned

I gave a nod, walking out and sitting on the step of the warehouse.

I hugged my knees and laid my forehead on my knees with a sigh.

"I'm coming, just you wait.... I am not losing you now or ever." I whispered.