-Downtime-

I climbed on the roof of Dale.

I lit a cancer stick and sat on the edge of the building.

Looking off into the town bellow, into NC, while the wind blew my hair back and jacket harshly but not bothering me.

Even in this one town I could hide for decades from the TechDeck, they will show up once in a while but they have limited time to find me before Arasaka beefs up control for a while after a none identified squad came in so I have freedom for a while but they'll always come back.

"The irony of fate." I said, taking a drag. "The best place to hide from Militech is right in the town they share with Arasaka and that their own escaped experiment finds her way in my life."

I chuckled, laying back on the concrete roof, staring at the stars in the sky, flicking the cancer stick off the roof.

I lifted my arms towards the stars with a slight frown.

Yeah, I got rid of all weapon chromes in me but the chrome muscle fibers, the hamstrings, the lungs, the stomach... Anything really, that they changed out, those I couldn't change out without a risk to my life since they were basically custom made for my body.

They wanted a one of a kind human cyber weapon after all.

I laughed too myself. That day I caused such a set back with the total cyber sever frying.... Ah, but it wasn't enough, they got up and started again even tho most files were burnt away or uploaded with me when I force kicked myself from the server.

I dropped my arms limply, them smacking off the ground.

I could never escape my past, get my freedom...

"What are you doing up here?" I looked up with a grin, but I can get close to it.

"Hey Lucy." I waved. "What are you doing up here?"

"You weren't there." She simply said, hands behind her back with a half shrug. "After what happened you can't tell me to not get worried."

"Don't worry, Arasaka corpos don't like unknown flights in their amidst and Militech will lay low for a while."

"I still can't help to worry idiot."

"Why are you awake anyway? It is only two am, you need your beauty sleep or you get cranky."

"Idiot." She chuckled. "Rebecca, she called, Afterlife?"

"That's that bar-like place we went to last time?" She nodded at me. "Well lets go!" I rolled backwards and on my feet. "Why did she call tho? Usually when you sleep you don't answer calls."

"It was one time." She said.

"Nu-hu, I tried to call you many time only for it to ring and never be answered."

"She rang it until I answered so I didn't have a choice but to answer."

"Poor you."

"Don't mock my idiot.... About what you told me." She said while opening the rooftop door. "We only fought Arasaka but Militech is wrapped up in it too it seems."

"I guess we could tell them so they know what happens if they pop up shooting at us."

"You don't need too if you don't feel like it, they don't know my past either."

"Oh yeah you'd be forced to tell it to fill the gaps in my story on how they got the idea to do this." I grinned. "You don't need to if you don't feel like it." I repeated her own words to her.

"No, they deserve it, they almost died because of me getting kidnapped, long story."

"Alright." I grabbed her hand, squeezing it. "We'll do it together yeah?"

She smiled a bit before grabbing it back.

"Right, together."

------------------------------------------------

"WHAAAAAAT?!!!" I sighed as Rebecca screamed in Zyber's face.

"That does explain why they took you that day and also explains Arasaka's security beef up and, as an icing on the cake, why Lucy's apartment was blown to bits." Falco said to looking a bit shocked. "Well, I am happy you both are fine."

I nodded with a soft grin.

"It hung on a hair strand but we are fine."

"But what now?"

"What do you mean?"

"You want Arasaka, she probably wants Militech, if one is taken down the other will get stronger and probably know one of you is on the move, it might be a repeat of that day."

I crossed my arms, leaning back against the railing.

Falco was right, unfortunately.

"All I know is she'll stay with the crew, we haven't really talked about that in detail after all, we kind of were strangling each other." That made him laugh a bit.

"Yeah that was quite the story... Careful Lucy, don't get yourself hurt again, you know NC is infamous for taking people away."

"I know..." I glanced over at Zyber and Rebecca basically yelling because of how long loudly they were talking. "But I guess it is worth it." I shrugged.

"Good to see you alive again." He patted me in the back before heading to the rest of the crew.

I watched from afar as they talked before smiling.

"Glad to be back." I whispered to myself.