-Oneshot: Ripper-

(Oneshots can take place before the story, in the story or after the story so keep that in mind this is not linear time anymore like for the actually story.)

I ran.

The world flashed blue and then normal, blue again, normal again.

I ran even as each time the Sandy buzzed alive blood would pour out of my face, eyes burning and my head splitting in two, my vision blacking out, but I ran, I needed to get away from Militech as far as I could.

I cannot... I cannot be caught again! I do not want to be their fucking lab rat anymore.

I saw a city in the distance as I neared a junkyard, so I pushed through the ache and the mind splitting headache, I pushed through my vision showing me false realities and just ran.

I ran until I ran into a wall, not having seen in, having seen a field of flowers instead.

I rolled to my side and tried to push myself up, but my body was shaking, I just could not move.

"I... Need too... Move...." I groaned, pulling myself on the ground as darkness consumed me. "I... Need... Too..." I sighed; darkness stronger than I was.

I gasped, jerking awake with a loud cough.

"There we go gir--" I swung, pushing the man away and scrambling off, away from him.

I tripped on something and fell, continuing on all fours.

As I got to the corner, I pressed my back against it and held my arm up, a grenade launcher coming out.

"Wait you're not Militech." I said in confusion at the man on the ground before feeling bad, seeing the wheelchair I knocked him off of.

"Oh, course not you gonk! Do I look like those corpo asshats to you?!" He asked angrily.

"A-ah sorry." I stood, walking over. "Let me help you up." I said, I spent my whole like in Militech's facilities, but they made sure to educated me since they did not want to make me a simple netrunner like that Arasaka runaway after they found out I had inherited my bastard parents' high tolerance for implants.

This is why I am so decked out already, I am barely an adult for fucks sake.

"Whatever brat." He easily pulled himself in it. "So, how it feels to be alive?" He seemed to have forgotten his anger quite fast.

"I... I don't know what to say."

"Maybe a thank you? God, kids nowadays without any politeness."

"Ah sorry! Thanks for the help!" I said, bowing.

"Kid stop you look like you were raised under a rock."

"A lab more or less." I grumbled, shrugging.

"A lab ay? Arasaka?"

"Militech, please don't bring me back there, I beg you, I'll do as you ask but don't do it." I was sure they put out search warrants for me with a lie that I stole from them for a high price.

"Chill kid, I am not bringing you anywhere, what would they want with a ripperdoc?"

"A ripperdoc?" Those are illegal doctors, they implant chrome!

I looked at my hands.

"Yeah." He turned the chair to me. "So, I'll need payment."

"Payment?"

"Sure, I saved your ass from frying in the sun I deserve something." This dickbag of a--- Wait, I have an idea.

"Mister ripperdoc, can I repay you by helping you?"

"Helping me? Why would I even accept this? You escaped from a lab; you know nothing! I want that chrome, would sell for a lot."

"I...." I thought about it a bit more before deciding. "You teach me about this place and you can have the weapon and stuff, hell if you find me other stuff, most of the high grade can be yours, I don't want them, I don't want to be reminded I am a toy to them but please teach me something, anything, I'll be your assistant even." I promised, I knew I would not survive out there alone out there, I knew nothing outside the lab except what they decided to teach me.

"Hmmmm.... Deal." He said, shaking my hand for some reason. "I always needed someone that could reach high when my stupid legs break down." He said with a laugh.

"Sure." I said, a bit confused as he let go of my hand, I rubbed it in confusion as to why he shook it.

"Get me that thing there."

"Wait already?"

"Yeah, you start working right away so move your ass kid!"

"Damn." I walked over and picked the screwdriver off the top of a shelf. "The name is Zybervis--" I cut myself off, I escaped.... I am not Militech's dog anymore... I can be free.... Free.... "Zyber, just Zyber."

"Well, hello just Zyber, call me Ripper."

"That cannot be your name." I held the screwdriver to him. "I gave you my real one."

"No can do Zizy, being a ripperdoc is dangerous and I don't know your ass, so it is Ripper to you."

"Zizy?!" I exclaimed. "I said Zyber."

"I heard yah idiot." He hit me with the tool. "Now let's get to work Zizy, Night City never sleeps!"

"Night City." I heard of it but never saw it... So, I made it this far.

I walked to the window and pulled the curtain away, watching in awe the little piece of the neon city I could see before dropping the curtain closed and grinning to myself.

"Why are you grinning? You look like an idiot!" He wheeled away. "Come on follow me!"

I just shrugged at his first question, still smiling as I followed.

"I just think I will like myself here."

"You are a weird kid."

"Weird is my middle name."