9

Friday 9 of September, 2022.. A day I dread. Today my cousin, Lee Chaewon, is coming over to the house to stay with us for about 4 days. We were never close and will never be. Why? When we were young, her mom would always give me the attention because apparently I was more intelligent and well mannered than her. She would always try to be in the spotlight, but whatever she did she always failed. She would always fuss about everything about me, so she would always make fun of me and tease me. That made me hate her.

Now, I'm panicking while Gunil, Jooyeon and Jiseok were trying to calm me down in front of the shop. Jiseok agreed to come by the shop to try and distract her away from me and Hyeongjun, Jungsu and Seugmin would be coming by in an hour or so.

We all got closer in under a week and we even formed a small friend group now. We all get along well and is always seen with each other around the campus. We all enjoy each other's company.

"Ha, I'm sure it'll be nothing. Your cousin probably changed from the last time you saw her. You did say it's been about eleven years since you last saw her." Gunil says as he hugs me tightly, patting my back softly.
"You don't understand, Gunil!" I shout with a frown as I look at Jooyeon. "Jooyeon, you do remember when she locked us in the basement? And when she tried to kill me by almost feeding me nuts in that fucking cookie?!"

"Oh shit, it's that cousin?" Jooyeon then begins to panic with me once I nod my head frantically. "Oh god, guys we're fucked!"

"What the actual hell is wrong with you guys? Yous are judging Haeun's cousin before you even get to meet her!" Jiseok scoffs as he crosses his arms together.

"I swear to god, you kids are overreacting." Gunil sighs as he pushes the front door of the shop open, pushing us in as Jiseok trialed behind us, looking around the shop. "Go get our aprons and I'll start with the bakery."

"What if she's back there?!" Jooyeon cries as he gets down on both knees, holding both of Gunil's hands. "Please, Gunil. Can you please get our aprons? We don't want to face her at all."
With a sigh, Gunil grabs our backpacks and goes to the back, then coming out with our grey aprons with our nametags on them.

"Who's on both sides today?" Gunil asks as he puts his apron on, tying the strings at the back together tightly.
"You're on bakery and Jooyeon's on the flower side. I'm helping you both." I say as I then put my hair up in a low ponytail.
"You guys do whatever, I'll take a seat at the bakery and do my assignments." Jiseok gives us a thumbs up as he takes a seat and takes out his laptop and some notebooks along with his small pencilcase.

"Haeun? Is Jooyeon and Gunil with you?" I hear my mom shout out from her office.
"Yes they are, mom! Jiseok is also here!" I shout back nervously as we all hear some movement at the back. We then see my mom and my cousin come out from the back.
She now had red dyed, long, healthy hair. Her slim figure was to die for along with her fashionable style. She wore a small black skirt with a small black croptop and a white cardigan that was see through.

"That's Haeun now, auntie?" Chaewon scoffs, my mom then nodding with a smile. She looks me up and down a few times before looking away, rolling her eyes.
"Those boys, Gunil, Jooyeon and Jiseok, are her friends." Jiseok immediantly stands up from his seat and dashes up beside me, greeting Chaewon while Gunil does the same. Jooyeon smiles awkwardly at her.

"I'm not surprised that she's friends with all boys, honestly." Chaewon sighs as she leans her body on the counter.
"That's enough now, Chaewon. Haeun is still older than you." My mom speaks up, then looking at me.

"Haeun, I'm trusting you and your friends to welcome and take care of Chaewon for her stay here in Seoul."

"Jungsu, Seungmin and Hyeongjun are also coming by later, auntie." Jooyeon says as he smiles awkwardly at her again. My mom nods with a smile.
"I really don't mind if any of your friends come over. You can all sleep over in Haeun's room if you would like too."

"Sleep over at Haeuns? Hell yeah!" Jiseok cheers as he takes his phone out. "I'll tell the others to bring extra clothes."
"I swear to god, Kwak Jiseok, if you mess up my room, I will-"

"You'll throw my body in a firepit, watch me burn as I scream in pain, then drag me out of the firepit and shove my remains in a cauldron, mix me up with water and pour me into the Bermuda Triangle." Jiseok sighs as he pats my head. "That's your threat to me all the time."

"Ah, that's normal." My mom laughs. "I need to run some errands again. I'll be back before 6." We all nod as we wave my mom off, watching her drive away in the car infront of the shop.

"You should hear her threat for me.." Jooyeon sighs as he goes behind the counter, ignoring Chaewon as he logs into the shop's computer log.
"Her threat for Hyeongjun is so soft, like why are you so rough towards us?!" Gunil frowns as he restocks the plastic knives and forks at the bakery.

"Because Hyeongjun is a precious baby and you's are annoying." I shrug as I sweep away the petals that were on the floor.

"Hey Haeun?" Jiseok calls out. I look over at him with a confused face. "If I was a stick, would you break me, use me for a fire or use me to play with a dog?"

"Get out of the shop right now."