17

"Guys, Jooyeon and Jungsu is here." Gunil panics as we all scatter around the kitchen, crouching down so we won't be seen.
Jiseok instantly crashes into Seungmin's groonal area and both falls down, then both remaining there as Gunil covers their mouths so they won't be heard. I slide down onto the back edge of the island with Hyeongjun in the middle of it, holding a balloon to his chest.

When we were at school, instead of going instantly to the festival when it was day we decided to go when it was evening. It would still be on either way. We all went home to get changed, then Gunil, Jiseok, Seungmin and Hyeongjun came over to my house to prepare something for Jooyeon. Jungsu said he would come by with Jooyeon and will text Gunil when he's outside. Jooyeon has keys to the house either way, he was given them by my mom.

"Haeun, come here they can see your leg you idiot." Hyeongjun whispers as he pulls me closer to him, me leaning on his chest as we all remain quiet.

"Haeun? Jungsu and I are coming up!" Jooyeon calls out as they both enter the kitchen.
"Why don't we go to the living room? I feel like she's still getting ready." Jungsu laughs as he leads Jooyeon to the kitchen.

"Haeun, Jungsu and I will be in your kitchen!" Jooyeon shouts back as they both enter.

"Why are there balloons? Is it aunties birthday? What about Moon?"
"Happy birthday!" We all shout as we all jump up with our hands up in the air, including Jungsu. Jooyeon screams as he jumps back slightly, putting his hand up to his chest as he takes a breather.

"Jiseok put Moon down, I feel like you're going to drop her." Gunil laughs as I turn around, seeing Jiseok holding Moon with both hands as he holds her up in the air like Simba from The Lion King.
I scoff as I slap Jiseok's arm softly, making him lower his arms down as I softly take Moon away from him and letting her roam the house.

"Wait, so you guys planned this?" Jooyeon asks as he looks at the small cake on the island, smiling at it as Hyeongjun attacks him with a balloon.
"We planned it a few days ago. Hyeongjun found a festival online and told us that it was opening today so we decided to celebrate your birthday there." Gunil smiles as he leans on the island.

"Can we have the cake after we go to the festival?" Jooyeon asks as he points at the melting side of the cake. "It's an ice cream cake from the shop, isn't it?"
"Hey, you said you loved this flavour!" I scoff as I open the freezer wide, taking the cake and putting it on a clear shelf and shutting it closed while Seungmin wipes the melted part off the table.

"So, is Haeun driving us to the festival or..?" Seungmin trails off as he picks my car keys off a hook and slides it too me with a sneaky smile. I laugh sarcastically as I slide it back to him.

"I'm not driving, we all agreed on taking the bus." Seungmin frowns as he puts the keys back on a hook, giving me a side glare.
"Thank god we're taking the bus. I really value my life." Jiseok sighs with relief as he slides into his jacket. "Let's go!"

"I wanna sit beside birthday boy!" Seungmin jumps as he grabs the boy and dashes out of the house.
"I'm sitting beside Haeun." Gunil says as he catches up beside me.

"You guys go outside, I need to find my house keys." I smile as I slide into my jumper, shoving my phone and wallet into the inside pocket as I also search through the drawers at the front for my house keys.

"It's at the fish tank, Hae'." Hyeongjun points out as he passes it to me, our hands touching each other as we smile at each other.
"Thanks, Jun." I smile at him as we both leave the house together, Gunil joining us as we all walk over to the bus stop.

"Hae? That's your nickname?" Gunil asks as he looks at me.
"That's what Hyeongjun calls me sometimes meanwhile I sometimes call him 'Jun."

"What about me? What's my nickname?" Hyeongjun and I look at each other before looking Gunil up and down.

"Well, we can't call you Gun', that's pretty.. bad." Hyeongjun laughs nervously as he scratches the back of his neck.
"Baby Gunil." I laugh jokingly as Hyeongjun wheezes, Gunil laughing with us too. As Gunil calls down, I notice his rosey cheeks.

"If I'm a baby, then what's Jooyeon?"

"Undeveloped?"