20

"Haeun, are you still traumatised from the haunted house?" Hyeongjun wheezes as he catches up with me to my locker, patting my back. With a scoff, I push him away with a smile as I put some books away. Jiseok and Jooyeon burst out laughing.

"How's your head from the basketball stall?" I joke back as his shoulders drop along with his smile.
"That was honestly so funny though." Jiseok smiles widely. "When the ball hit him right in the face!"

"Even the staff laughed!" Jooyeon chuckles. "He felt so bad so he gave him a free bunny plush."

"Ah, we don't talk about that it was 4 days ago." Hyeongjun frowns as he leans agaisnt the neighbouring lockers as I shut mine closed, making sure I lock it.

"Where are the others?" I ask Hyeongjun, as he was the last one to be with them before coming over to us.
"They said they had some stuff to do and they'll be over later." He shrugs.
The whole group is always hanging out with each other every single day. After school, they would always come by the shop and my mom even said they could have a copy of the keys if they want, which thankfully they refused.. except for Jiseok.. That shows how much she loves them, especially Gunil.
She loves how respectful and well mannered he is. At the shop, he would always help her and does a great job at everything (helping customers, cleaning the shop, taking care of the bakery, etc.).
Overall, they're all her unbiological children and she loves them to bits.

"Alright then, let's go?" Jooyeon says as he points behind him to the front door where almost everyone was rushing out to leave. We all nod as we talk with each other while walking over to the bus stop, taking the crowded bus together and making our way to the shop.
I push the door open and let the boys in first before we all head to the back to drop our stuff off, Jooyeon and I taking our aprons and putting them on while Hyeongjun and Jiseok went on over to the bakery area with their laptops.

"You guys want anything to eat?" I ask as I wipe the counters with a cleaning spray and a cloth before I bring out the cakes and pastries.

"How much are your choco croissants?" Jiseok asks as he approaches me at the counter. I point down to the counter which had a shiney copy of the menu with a small selection stuck to it.

"Jiseok, want to treat me to a cinnamon roll?" Hyeongjun asks with sparkly eyes as Jiseok nods his head.
"Want any drinks?" Jiseok asks as he looks back over to Hyeongjun.

"Haeun, do you have caramel iced coffee?" I nod my head at Hyeongjun. "Can I have one?"

"Can we have 2 medium iced coffees, a cinnamon roll and a chocolate croissant?" Jiseok orders with an innocent smile as he begins to take his card out.

"14 dollars please." I say as I prepare the card reader, linking it to the cafe tablet before letting Jiseok tap his card on the screen. "Accepted."
"Please don't poison us." Jiseok jokes as he thanks me, going back to the table where Hyeongjun was patiently seated.

I quickly prepare their food and place it on the small white plates as I slide it onto a grey tray, then beginning to make the drinks. I place the medium sized plastic cups with the peony logo on them on the counter, pouring in some caramel syrup on the inside of the cup sides followed by the cold, refrigerated coffee. Then pouring in frothed milk and placing in thin, black, plastic straws on the side. Once. place it all on the tray, I bring it on over to Jiseok and Hyeongjun, placing it on the tables and being careful that I don't spill their drinks on their laptops.

"Thanks, Hae." Hyeongjun smiles widely at me as he takes a small sip of the iced coffee, complimenting it as Jiseok them does the same.
We then hear the bell at the flower side ring which made us all look over to it.

"Haeun, we're here!" Seungmin shouts out as Gunil ushers Jungsu in, who was sparkling from head to toe.
"Why is Jungsu covered in stickers?" Jiseok wheezes as he falls to the ground in a fit of laughter. Hyeongjun looks at me confused before looking over at Jungsu, then looking back at me as he tries to hold his laugh in.

"Gunil bought stickers on the way here and he didn't want to vandalize anything." Seungmin sighs as he comes out from the back, where he dropped off all of their stuff. Gunil holds up a now empty sticker sheet with a proud smile.
"They're cute sea animals!"

"Grow up and get an apron already, it's a Friday and we're sleeping over at Haeun's." Jooyeon sighs as he waters the plants.

"We're closing up early, actually." I call out as I close the display door and lean on the counter. Jooyeon and Gunil look at me with tilted heads and furrowed eyebrows. "It's Moon's birthday, so my mom let us close up early to celebrate her birthday."

"Oh shit I forgot!" Jooyeon cries as he falls to the floor on his knees, fake crying. "I swear I had a gift for her, but I forgot it at home."
"Bro, you live right across from Haeun. Just admit that you didn't get Moon a gift and we all did." Gunil laughs as he shakes his head. Jooyeon then gets up from the floor and looks at me with a poker face.

"I forgot to get Moon a gift."