14

"Seriously... why is she taking so long..."

Jisoo complained at the door, waiting for Jennie to open it.

"She'll open the door eventually..."

Rosé replied from behind, watching the sunset.

The two had arrived at the same time.

Jisoo walked while Rosé arrived by car.
(Although she was going at 10 per hour she managed to get there in a decent time)

The girls were about to ring the bell when they realized it wasn't working.

They tried to knock again then, but after several knocks, still no answer.

"She could've told us the doorbell broke ..."

The eldest complained again.

Rosé blanckly looked at her

"Maybe she doesn't know either."

"I'd call her if my phone wasn't dead"

"Same thing..."

The two stopped to wait in silence.

Rosé stared into the sunset, while Jisoo looked around.

...

"Ah! I almost forgot ... Jung Hae-in sends his regards ... He says he'd like to see you again one of these days."

Chaeyong told her as soon as she remembered the little conversation she had with her classmate Hae-in before leaving the classroom.

"Oh ... he's right ... I should text him again. To hell with Jennie."

Jisoo muttered, cursing her best friend for being too picky while she acted like her mother.

Chaeng chuckled looking at the brunette, amused by her behavior.

"No luck with the boys huh?"

She asked her, this time smiling

"No ... most are dickheads ... And those acceptable few, are often boring, or they don't pass Jennie's vibe check."

Jisoo turned around, also watching the sunset now.

"Maybe I should become a nun ..."

Chaeyong burst out laughing as Jisoo blanckly looked at the sun that slowly disappeared.

"Yes, yes ... laugh ... I should cry here."

Rosé's laugh got louder and louder, until she leaned on Jisoo for support.

"Ahahahaha .... you know ... maybe I should help you"

Chaeyoung offered, looking up to meet Jisoo's gaze as the blonde's head rested on her shoulder.

"You? Like ... the Chaeyong who dated once in seventh grade and then enough for the rest of her miserable life?"

"Hey! I still have experience! You know ... I read a lot of books"

Countered the blonde moving away from Jisoo

"Of course..."

Jisoo answered slightly moking her.

"I offered you my help, if you don't want it then -"
"Ok! Ok! ... you help me ... as much as you can of course"

"Mph!"

Chaeyoung turned around, flipping her hair sassily in the process.

Jisoo smirked at the view.

She was about to make another comment when Chaeyoung abruptly knocked on the door.

"Jennie Kim! I'm hungry! Open The fucking Door!"

-----------------------------

The girls had finally managed to get inside.
Chaeyoung immediately ran to the kitchen, raiding the fridge, while Jisoo wasted no time in scolding Jennie and Lisa.

"We waited outside for literally 15 minutes! You could have told us the doorbell doesn't work!"

Jisoo said a little angry because of too much waiting.

She hates waiting

"I-I! ... I didn't-I didn't know it was broken! Just yesterday it worked!"

Jennie answered aloud, completely red in the face.

"Right..."

Lisa supported a little further away from her, also completely red as she stared at the floor.

Jisoo froze.

She looked at them both, inspecting them.

'Something isn't right here ...'

Jennie and Lisa both looked at her nervously, saying nothing, still surprised by what happened a few minutes ago.

"Did you guys .... like ..."

Jisoo pointed her finger out on them, waiting for one of them to say something.

Jennie's face went slowly more and more red, she looked like she was about to faint.

Jisoo looked at her one last time before turning and heading for the kitchen.

"You know what? I don't care."

And so she disappeared within the kitchen walls, ready to stop Rosé from devouring whatever was left in the fridge.

As the brunette disappeared from the two girls' visual radar, an awkward silence started in the living room.

While Lisa fidget with her hands, obviously nervous, Jennie tried to recompose herself.

When she noticed Lisa's nervousness she stopped to look at her.

She noticed that she was just as nervous as she was if not more.

And now she didn't know if they would ever talk about what had just happened before.

They both knew what would happen if Jisoo and Chaeyoung didn't interrupt them.

And they both didn't know what to feel about that thought.

Jennie was confused.
What did she think she was doing?

She's actually thanking God and Chaeyoung's hunger. If anything happened, she probably would've buried herself.

Kissing her best friend?

What the heck had gone through her head!

"So..."

Lisa broke the silence, making Jennie joilt up slightly, as she didn't realize she was staring at Lisa for a bit too much.

"I need to ask something to Chaeng... I'm going."

Lisa said awkwardly standing.

"Uh ... yes, sure ... go ahead ... I ... I'll ... yes."

Jennie replied blushing, mentally punching herself for her embarrassing answer.

"Ok."

And so Lisa headed to the kitchen, almost tripping on one carpet in the way.

Jennie was left alone in the living room.

Only her and her thoughts.

'Jennie! Pull your shit together!'

-----------------------------

8-)