7.

"He showed up?!" Gavin was sitting in the kitchen with Jaxon and Shawn.

Jaxon nods his head as he puts a can in the pantry. "Apparently he lives here now. Ugh, he makes me so annoyed."

Shawn takes a bite of his sandwich, shaking his head. "I dunno why. It was years ago, babe."

"Yeah and he's fucking weird. He was like obsessed with you and then got mad when you dumped him for cheating."

Gavin nods and crosses his arms. "Yeah...Then he tried to say you cheated when you got with Jax, remember?"

"Guys, I understand. But once again it was years ago."

Jaxon rolls his eyes. "Well, I can promise you if it's the same shit with Aaliyah I will actually start punching people."

Gavin smiles at him. "Ooh. Catfight between you and Timothy?"

"It's just irritating. And to be honest, Timothy's a fucking idiot for cheating on you," Jaxon looks at Shawn, "I mean, look at you!"

"Oh? So we're being possessive?"

"I have to be." Jaxon cracks a smile.

Gavin lets out a sigh. "Okay. I thought we agreed to put a pause in the flirting when Gavin is around."

Shawn's phone dings from over on the counter where it was sitting. "Can you check that, princess?"

"Sure," Jaxon grabs the phone and raises his eyebrows. "Oh speak of the devil. Timothy says it was great seeing you and that you guys should meet up for drinks."

Shawn lets out a sigh and reaches out for his phone. "Guess I'll reply."

Jaxon passes him his phone before going back to putting the groceries away. Gavin looks at Jaxon. "Does he still have that funky haircut?"

**
Shawn was cleaning up his workstation as he had just finished tattooing a client and was waiting for Jaxon so they could meet up for lunch.

Shawn walks out of his office and sees Maverick sitting at his desk. "Aye. You gone?"

"I'll be back at four. Gotta meeting with a client." Shawn grabs his phone from his back pocket. "Jax here yet?"

"Nah, I haven't seen him."

Shawn takes his gloves off and throws them in the trash when he sees Jaxon walking outside the shop. He smiles at him before turning to Maverick. "See ya later, boss."

"Have fun."

Shawn walks outside and reaches out for Jaxon. "Hey, baby."

Jaxon smiles back as he hugs him. "Hi," He leans up and kisses him once before pulling away. "Lunch? I'm starving."

"Me too." Shawn grabs his keys out of his pocket. "Where to?" He unlocks their car, opening the door for Jaxon.

"Uhm...Can we go somewhere with coffee? I'm exhausted and I want a coffee."

"Sure," Shawn smiles as he shuts the door. He gets into the driver's seat before starting the car. "We can go to that little cafe place. Is that good?"

"Mhm. Oh did I tell you-."

Shawn's phone buzzes loudly and he grabs it from his back pocket. He doesn't say anything as he places it back down, looking at Jaxon. "Tell me what?"

Jaxon furrows his brows. "Who texted you?"

"Just Gavin. Tell me what?"

Jaxon hesitates a little and glances at Shawn's phone. "What did he say?"

Shawn shrugs his shoulders. "Since when are you interested in Gav and I's conversations?"

"Because. Who texted you?"

"Jaxon-."

"No, you may think I'm being unreasonable, but given the current circumstances I'd like to know who's texting my fiancé."

"So you don't trust me?"

"Just tell me who texted you!"

Shawn grabs his phone and throws it into Jaxon's lap. Jaxon reaches down to grab it, seeing it was just Gavin who texted him. All he asked was for him to send the work schedule for the diner.

"Are you fucking happy now?" Shawn backs out of the parking lot, starting the drive to the cafe.

Jaxon bites down on his lip. "I wasn't trying to accuse you."

"Really? Cause I'm pretty sure that's exactly what was happening." Shawn glances over at him before looking back at the road.

Jaxon blushes as he turns Shawn's phone off. "I'm sorry-...I just-."

"I know you don't like Timothy. That's valid. But I'm not the one who cheated on him. Don't start fucking accusing me of cheating on you. When have I ever even suggested-."

"I said I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, Shawn." Jaxon looks down at his hands. "After Aaliyah, it's hard to just let shit like this go."

"Then talk to me about it, Jaxon. You have access to my phone all the time. I don't do sneaky shit with you 'cause I care about you."

"I know, I know." Jaxon reaches over to grab Shawn's hand. "I'm really sorry."

Shawn takes a deep breath and shakes his head. "It's fine," He glances at Jaxon again. "I'm sorry I raised my voice."

**
Kai hears the doorbell ring and stands up from her chair, where she was braiding her hair.  She answers the door, smiling at Jaxon. "Hey, sweetie."

Jaxon smiles at her. "Hi, can I come in?"

"Of course. Don't mind the mess, I'm just doing my hair," Kai grabs the remote to pause the TV. "What's up?"

"Oh, nothing," Jaxon slides his shoes off as he follows Kai into the living room. "Gotta find a way to make it up to Shawn."

"What happened?"

"I got kind of...Jealous. Thought he was lying about who was texting him."

"Uh oh," Kai dips his fingers into her gel, "Is it because of his ex being in town."

"I guess so." Jaxon grabs a pillow to hug. "It's not that I don't trust Shawn. I just...People always tell him he can do better than me. And it scares me I guess."

"Yeah, but they're just jealous. You guys are the perfect match. Obviously, people are gonna be jealous. You think I just walk around with AJ without getting insecure?"

"Ugh," Jaxon leans back into the couch. "I really hurt his feelings. I feel so fucking stupid."

"It's okay, Jaxon. We all make mistakes."

"I know," Jaxon sits up, bringing his feet up into the couch. "He said he forgave me but I still feel like shit. I trust him with my life and I don't want him thinking I doubt him."

"You've explained why you jumped to conclusions, correct?" Kai looks at him.

Jaxon nods.

"And it was reasonable?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Then I think it's okay, love. And if not...Just go home and fuck him." Kai shrugs.

Jaxon's mouth drop before he starts laughing. "Kailani, oh my god! Are you serious?"

"Yes! Make-up sex, duh!" Kai laughs as well. "Good advice from your good ol' best friend."

**