36.

Jaxon leans against the door, knocking on it a few times. "Hey, Kai. You okay?"

Kai sighs, swinging the door open to see Jaxon. "Now we wait five minutes." She walks past Jaxon into her living room. She sits down on the couch, flipping the test over so she didn't have to see it until the five minutes was up.

"What am I gonna do if it's positive?" Kai asks, bringing her hands to cover her face. Jaxon takes a seat next to her, grabbing her hand. He squeezes it once in support.

"It's gonna be okay, love."

Kai jumps at the sound of the alarm going off. No way those five minutes went by that quickly, Kai thinks. She reaches a shaky hand down to the pregnancy test sitting on the coffee table.

Kai's heart pounded as she stared at the positive pregnancy test in her trembling hands. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Her mind raced with a million thoughts, and she felt a mix of fear, confusion, and indifference all at once. Knowing AJ was at work, completely unaware of the life-altering news she was holding.

Kai felt a knot forming in her stomach. Jaxon reads the test as well, immediately comforting her. "Hey, Kai," He says gently, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Take a deep breath. It's going to be okay. You'll figure this out together."

Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at Jaxon, grateful for his support. She could feel her chest getting tight, forgetting to take breaths. "I can't believe this is happening," She whispers, her voice trembling. "I-...I don't know what to do."

Jaxon gave her a warm smile. "You just take it one step at a time," he suggested. "You should call AJ. I think you would feel better. It might make this a little easier."

Kai wiped away a tear and took a deep breath, trying to collect her thoughts. "I'm scared, Jaxon. I mean, I never planned for this. I don't know if I'm ready to be a mom. And AJ...He's gonna be so shocked.

Jaxon nodded understandingly. "It's okay to be scared. This is a big decision, and it's normal to have mixed feelings. But remember, you don't have to face this alone. You have me, and AJ...Shawn and Gav and everyone around you."

Kai took comfort in his words and leaned against his shoulder. "I don't want to make any rash decisions," She says, looking at the pregnancy test again. "Maybe I should wait for AJ to come home. I don't want to freak him out at work."

"Sounds like a good plan," Jaxon replies. "Just remember that AJ is one of the sweetest, and most understanding people we know."

**
AJ unlocks the front door to the apartment. He sets his bag down on the floor, walking to the kitchen to wash his hands. "Hey, babe! I'm home!" He shouts.

Kai was in the bedroom, laying on the bed staring at the pregnancy test. After a while, she asked Jaxon to go home so she could think. She sits up on the bed, wiping her eyes before she walks out into the kitchen. "Hey." She shoves the pregnancy test into the pockets of her hoodie.

AJ smiles at her, walking over to her to give her a kiss. "How was your day?"

"It was fine," She stares at AJ for a few seconds. She blinks a few times before reaching into her pockets, pulling the test out. AJ looks down, reaching out to grab it. He brings it up to his face, his eyes darting around the test.

The room was silent, neither of them speaking yet. They both had their eyes locked on the test in AJ's hands. The air felt intense and emotional, and Kai was waiting for AJ's response.

AJ finally took a deep breath and nodded his head. "Okay," He makes eye contact with Kai. "It's okay. We'll...We're gonna have to-." He pauses, not even sure of what he wanted to say. "We're gonna deal with this together."

Kai felt a sense of relief wash over her body. She knew AJ was a sweetheart, but she was so nervous. Nervous that he would be mad, or upset. AJ reaches out, grabbing Kai's face. "How do you feel right now?"

"Scared...And sorry."

AJ's face changes, unsureness written on his face. "Why are you sorry?

"This is all my fault," Kai wipes under her eyes, letting out a sob. "I-I told you we didn't need to use protection because I'm on the pill and now-."

"Hey, hey," AJ steps forward, embracing Kai in a hug. The hug was warm, he swayed their bodies slowly back and forth. "It's not your fault. We're a couple, a team. We both did this."

"I just don't know what to do. I-I take the biggest test of my life next week and-."

"What do you want to do?" AJ backs up so he can get a clear view of Kai's face. "Considering all options, what are you leaning towards?"

"I...I don't know. I don't know, I want a family with you but...Now? I-I don't know. I don't know."

"Okay." AJ nods his head.

"What about you?" Kai asks. She finally makes eye contact with AJ, her eyes watering. "What do you wanna do?"

AJ looks back down at the pregnancy test. "I...I don't know, Kai. I haven't finished training yet. We don't have the income for a child. And...Your parents? Your dad would kill me."

"Yeah," Kai takes a sharp breath. "Can...I think about it?"

"Of course, baby. But just remember this isn't something you can just...Take a long time to think about."

"I know I just need a few days."

**