34.

"What do you think it'll be like?" Shawn asks. Gavin, Chantel, and Shawn were sitting in Shawn's living room, a couple of hours before they needed to leave for Gav's family reunion.

Gavin sighs and leans back on the couch. "I don't know. Seeing' aunts...uncles...cousins I haven't seen in years. It might be like...Scary."

Chantel reaches down and grabs Gavin's hand. "No...It'll be just fine."

"Right," Gavin turns his head to look at Shawn. "I am gonna be just fine."

"Whipped." Shawn jokes.

"Oh whatever. If we ever need to define whipped I'll just retell the story of your entire relationship with Jaxon. Didn't you tell me you were falling in love with him after the first date?"

Shawn rolls his eyes. "Whatever."

Jaxon appears from their bedroom, finally dressed and ready. He walks around to the couch, sitting next to Shawn. "Whatever, what?"

"Nothing," Shawn responds. He moves his arm so Jaxon can sit down, smiling. "You look good."

Jaxon smiles and leans in to kiss him once. "Thank you."

Chantel and Gavin look at each other and smile. Chantel nods her head. "Totally whipped."

"So...," Jaxon starts. "Are you nervous about tonight?"

Gavin sighs. "A little, I think. But, it's been good so far and I don't want to ruin it by thinking negatively, you know? Just gotta take it one day at a time."

"You've been drinking the therapy kool aid?" Shawn jokes.

"Ha ha. I'm not even in therapy, asshole." Gavin rolls his eyes. "I don't know. Life's just been good lately. I am not trying to jinx myself."

**

Gavin reaches out to grab the doorknob. He freezes up and turns around to look at his friends. "Wait...I'm scared."

"It's gonna be alright, babe." Chantel reaches out and grabs his hand. "You've survived multiple dinners...phone calls, much more. I promise it'll be okay."

Shawn nods his head, a smile on his face. "You've been through much more."

Gavin takes a deep breath and turns around. "Do I just go in? Or do I knock? Should I knock?"

Shawn steps forward and bangs on the door a few times. "There, I did it for you."

Grant opens the door, a big smile on his face. "You made it! Come in!"

Grant steps out of the way and allows the four to walk into the house. "You brought a little family with you. Is this the Chantel?" He asks.

Gavin smiles and nods. "Mhm...Chantel. And this is Shawn, my best friend and his fiancé Jaxon. I hope it's okay that I brought them?"

"Of course! The more the merrier. Nice to meet you guys."

"Hi. I've heard so much about you." Chantel says as she shakes Grant's hand.

"So have I," Grant smiles. "Well, get comfortable. Gav, you've gotta come say hi to everyone they're dying to see you!" Grant guides the group outside to the backyard where the family was scattered around. Gavin looks around at all his relatives, overwhelmed with how many people he looked liked.

It's not like he didn't have an extended family, of course, there was his moms side. But, Elizabeth's parents got sick when Gavin was a kid and they were rarely able to visit. Plus, Gavin favored his father a lot more than his mother. He was the spitting image of him.