46.

a/n: i hate this but oh well

*  *  *

Graduation was everything that Jaxon expected. A long ceremony, loud microphones, and speeches from people he swears he's never met in his life. His name gets called, he shakes a bunch of hands and takes his seat. He hears hundreds of other names called before someone else gives a long speech, and then he's finally released.

He finds his family, Shawn grabbing him into the biggest hug ever, placing kisses all over his face. He's thrown into a group hug with his best friends. Kai swears she isn't crying, though she found herself fixing her makeup using the camera of her phone.

He teared up when he hugged his mom and sisters, somehow feeling the proudest that they watched him walk across that stage and get his English degree.

He took so many pictures he was confident his face would hurt from smiling.

"This calls for drinks!" Gavin says. "And as an employee of Urban Walk, I can get behind that counter and serve you free drinks."

Jaxon chuckles a little and looks over at his sisters. "I wish, however, Crystal is still underage."

Jackie, Jaxon's mom, shakes her head. "No problem, honey. You should go celebrate!"

"Are you sure?" Jaxon asks.

"Yes! This is your day. We will celebrate with you tomorrow." Crystal says, grabbing her brother's hand. "I'm so so proud of you, go have fun!"

*  *  *

"To Jaxon!" Chantel yells, holding up another shot. They were already a few shots in, though Gavin, AJ, and Shawn were the designated drivers tonight.

Jaxon smiles as he throws his shot back, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. AJ smiles at Jaxon, "Tell us one thing you're excited about now that you've graduated."

"Hmm," Jaxon slurs a little. He looks up at Shawn, a gross smile across his face. "I can't wait to get married to my best friend."

"Ugh!" Kai crosses her arms. "Rude." She jokes.

Jaxon chuckles a little before grabbing Shawn's hand. "I'm excited to start a life with him...and to watch all of you guys grow too...and...all that."

"I feel a speech coming," Gavin says, sipping his water.

"Whatever. No speech or anything, just...thank you to everyone for helping me with all the stress and shit. Like...thank you for all the support and letting me call and rant during exams and allowing me to cry about my overachieving bullshit and allowing me to be all...vulnerable."

Shawn smiles and leans down to kiss Jaxon on his forehead. "You definitely just have a speech, by the way."

"Aw! I love you, Jaxon," Kirstin runs over and throws her arms around Jaxon. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Me too!" Kai says, joining in on the hug.

"You know what this calls for?" Chantel asks loudly. "More shots!"

It was later in the night, closer to midnight, and Jaxon was beyond thrashed. He was walking around the club, looking for Shawn, when he picked up a random drink.

He smiles at it when Shawn randomly appears behind him. "Hey, baby. Feelin' good?"

"Mhm," Jaxon says, bringing the cup up to his lips.

"Woah," Shawn snatches it quickly. "Where'd you get this?"

"Mm' found it," Jaxon slurs.

"No, sir. Do you want another drink?" He asks.

Jaxon chuckles, squinting his eyes. "Maybe just...one more." He pinches his fingers to indicate a little bit.

***

Shawn was holding Jaxon up from under his armpits as he fumbled with his pockets to find his keys. Jaxon misses his step, causing the two of them to tumble a little.

"Fuck, baby. Can you stand up a little?"

Jaxon grunts and leans himself up, pushing his weight against Shawn's body. "Shh! My mom's home, and you're gonna awake her!"

The front door clicks open, and Jackie opens the door. "Hey, you two," She steps out of the way.

Shawn smiles nicely and helps Jaxon walk into the house. Jaxon looks up at Shawn, his eyes wide. "We got caught." He whispers.

"You're a grown-ass man, baby," Shawn says.

Jackie laughs behind her, shutting the door. "I didn't wanna sleep until you guys got back safely."

Jaxon turns around to look at his mom. "I'm' sober."

"I'm sure you are, baby. Why don't you get to bed?"

"Okay, Mom."

Shawn helps Jaxon to bed, watching him drop down into the bed in his stomach. "Ugh. Can you stop spinning the room!"

"Baby...keep your voice down, please." Shawn grabs Jaxon by his waist to turn him on his back. "Can you sit up for me?"

Jaxon groans and pushes up on his hands to sit up. He looks up at Shawn, smiling. "You're so pretty."

"Thank you, baby," Shawn replies, reaching down to the hem of Jaxon's shirt and pulls it off.

"I'm really in love with you...and I meant when I said I'm s'appreciative of the supports. I'm so afraid of the future, but at least you'll be here with me."

"You're afraid of the future?"

Jaxon burps drunkenly and nods. "Like...what am I gonna do now and...who's knows if'ill even get a good career and make'a buncha money."

Shawn frowns as he reaches down to unbutton Jaxon's pants. He pushes them down his thighs, urging him to sit up. He gets his pants off, allowing him to lie back down on the bed.

"I know you're drunk, and you probably won't remember all this," Shawn says, turning Jaxon on his side and covering him with the blanket. "But you're gonna do amazing things. You're a fucking genius with the biggest heart, and you're gonna get what you deserve. And I'll be proud of you every step of the way."

Jaxon smiles I'm at him drunkenly, reaching out to grab Shawn's face. "I can't wait to marry you." He kisses Shawn on his hand a few times before lying back down, closing his eyes, and falling asleep.

*  *  *