51.

a/n: the last few chapters are time jumps, so if that's not ur thing, this could technically serve as the end of the book! however, four chapters left, so i hope u guys enjoy!

* * *

AJ walks into Jaxon and Shawn's apartment, holding a few more boxes. "Got some more boxes!" He says, setting them down and sighing. "Think that'll be enough?"

Shawn looks up from where he was shoving some books in a box, and nods. "Honestly? I have no fucking clue." He says, a smile on his face. "We still have to pack up all of Jaxon's books," He glances at the box in front of him. "This is the second box."

"Jesus." AJ sits as he begins to tape up one of the boxes.

It's been four months since Jaxon and Shawn got married. Their lease in L.A. was ending, and after visiting Philly during Thanksgiving and Christmas, they found an apartment there and signed a lease.

Gavin walks into the apartment with a tape gun and some Sharpies. "Okay...I found some Sharpies and-...Are you still packing fucking books?"

AJ chuckles as he sits back on the couch. "So?" He reaches up to twist some of his hair. "How is it? Being married and all? Has anything like...changed at all?"

Shawn hums as he reaches inside the box to set some more books down. "Nah, not really. I mean...Well, it feels fucking great and grounded. It just feels right, you know? It feels like everything makes sense now...I don't know."

AJ smiles a little. "That's good."

"But I do have to keep correcting people when they say my last name. And having to say my husband is a little hard cause he's been my fiance for longer...And when you tell people you're married, they immediately assume it's to a woman."

Gavin rolls his eyes as he grabs his box to help them pack. AJ hums as he looks down at the boxes. "So... you kinda just...knew? Like...you knew you guys wanted to get married?"

Shawn and Gavin share a knowing glance. Shawn clears his throat. "AJ? Is there something you'd like to share with the class?" He asks, closing the box and taping it up.

AJ looks up at his friends and shrugs. "No...I mean...I don't know. I just think after seeing you and Jax, it's like...I don't know, rubbing off on me."

"Oh shit," Gavin cheeses as he sits next to AJ on the couch. "You thinking of proposing too?"

"I mean...I don't know." AJ shrugs his shoulders. "Maybe. I don't know."

"Sounds like you do," Shawn smiles. "Have you guys talked about marriage?"

"We have," AJ smiles. "After the pregnancy scare. We talked about what it means and...the timeline we'd want for ourselves before children. I mean...by what I have in my mind...we'll both be done with school and back in Philly, so..."

"Wait! You already have a date?" Shawn says, eyes wide.

"And a ring.."

"A fuckin' ring?!" Gavin exclaims. "Oh shit. I thought you just said you didn't know."

"I know it's just," AJ turns to Shawn. "Is this not the most nerve-racking thing ever? I feel like there's a fucking giraffe sitting on my chest."

"Oh, trust me, I get it. Have you asked her parents?"

"Yeah. I asked her dad during Christmas. He gave me his blessing."

Gavin groans and sits back on the couch. "Holy fuck. We're like...adults adults now. Do you know how and when?"