25.

Jaxon wakes up in the middle of the night needing to use the restroom. He sighs as he pushes the comforter off his body, noticing the lack of Shawn's sleeping body in the bed. He furrows his brows and goes to the bathroom.

Once finished, he walks back over to his nightstand, slipping his glasses on his face. Then, he grabs his phone and checks the time, reading 4 am.

He sets his phone back down and walks out of the bedroom. He sees Shawn sitting on their couch, a beer in his hand, watching the TV at low volume.

Jaxon walks around the couch, picking up the hoodie laying against the couch arm. He slips it over his bare torso before sitting next to Shawn. "Hey."

Shawn smiles at him, throwing his arm around Jaxon's body. He scoots Jaxon closer to him. "Hey," He takes a sip from his beer and looks back at the TV.

"What're you watching?" Jaxon asks as he sits back.

"Uh, not sure. Some random movie about love and drugs...And sex."

Jaxon nods his head and brings his hand up to put through Shawn's hair. "Why are you up so late? Have you been to sleep yet?"

"Uh, yeah. I woke up at two. Can't sleep." Shawn takes another sip from his beer. "You can go back to bed, baby. I'll be there in a sec."

Jaxon frowns a little. "You sure?"

"Yeah," Shawn squeezes Jaxon's thigh before turning to kiss him on the lips. "I'll meet you in the room."

Jaxon smiles softly before standing up from the couch to make his way back into their bedroom.

**
The next time Jaxon woke up, Shawn wasn't in the bed again. He looks over at Shawn's side of the bed and sees his phone sitting on the nightstand. He steps out of the bedroom and sees Shawn standing at the stove, cooking breakfast.

"Morning," Jaxon says. He grabs his coffee mug, pouring himself a cup.

"Oh, hey. I didn't think you'd be awake yet. I wanted to surprise you." Shawn turns around, holding a spatula in his hands.

"Surprise me?" Jaxon smiles as he walks forward to stand in front of Shawn. "Why me?"

Shawn shrugs and reaches to turn off the burner. "I don't know. You deserve it. I'm bein' a shitty fiance, so."

"What?!" Jaxon asks, setting his mug down before reaching out to grab Shawn's arm. "What do you mean? You're the best fiance ever."

"Pfft, yeah. Sure."

"Shawn, what're you talking about?" Jaxon places his hand on Shawn's face and makes him look at him. "Hm?"

"I'm just being shitty. I feel like I'm neglecting you."

"You're not neglecting me, babe. You're going through something, I'm not upset."

"Still not an excuse. We're in a relationship. I haven't been...Being your Shawn lately. Not cuddling with you or...being there for you. I haven't fucked you in like a week."

Jaxon chuckles a little. "That's not a deal breaker, Shawn."

"That's not the point, Jax. It's the principal. Just cause I'm going through shit doesn't mean I needa be ignoring you and your needs."

Jaxon sighs and grabs the spatula from Shawn's hands. "I appreciate the apology, though I don't need it. I just don't want you to beat yourself up too bad, okay."

Shawn nods as he looks down at Jaxon. "Are you busy tonight?"

Jaxon shrugs his shoulders. "You tell me."

"I wanna take you out on a date."

"Ooh. Where are we going?" Jaxon sets the spatula down on the counter and takes one step closer, placing both hands on Shawn's waist.

"Somewhere. Just have a bag packed by six, okay?"

"Yes sir," Jaxon smiles and stands up on his tippy toes to kiss Shawn. "Love you."

**
"Oh, hey man." Gavin steps out of the doorway to allow Shawn into his apartment. "How's it hanging?"

"Cool, y'know? I'm therapy, I get to talk about my feelings," Shawn says sarcastically. He takes a seat at their kitchen table and sighs.

"Seriously? Do you like it?" Gavin walks to the fridge and grabs some sodas. He shuts the fridge and sits down at the table with Shawn.

"I mean...Not really," Shawn grabs the soda from Gavin. "Thanks....I just, hate fucking talking about it. It's exhausting."

"But it's helping, right?"

"I dunno," Shawn cracks the soda can open and takes a chug from it. "But I told myself I'd go. It's only been a few days."

Gavin nods his head and sits back in his chair. "Yeah," He starts bouncing his leg up and down. "I'm sorry, man."

Shawn furrows his brows as he looks up at Gavin. "Sorry? Sorry for what? This isn't your fault."

"I should've told someone what was going on back when we were kids. I know you asked me not to but...You needed help and I didn't do anything."

"Didn't do anything? Gavin, you're pretty much the reason I'm alive right now. Don't say that shit."

"I'm serious, dude. I could've saved you from that environment and you wouldn't have gone through all that abuse and shit. Could've lived a somewhat normal life".

Shawn shakes his head at that and sets his soda on the table. "Don't say that shit, dude-."

"I'm serious. I could've fucking helped. You could've come live with Mom and I instead of suffering that shit."

"I asked you not to tell anyone."

"So? I should've anyway."

"We were kids, Gavin. And I asked you not to. I gave you an ultimatum. You just did what you thought was right. And it's not one's fault. You can't blame yourself."

Gavin sighs and glances down at the table. "I just-."

"No, Gavin. I'm serious. I don't hold you accountable in the slightest bit. So, please don't say that shit again."

**
Shawn walks back into his and Jaxon's apartment. He hears music playing from Jaxon's phone and walks into the bedroom to see him packing his bag.

He knocks twice before opening the bedroom door. "Hey, princess. All packed?"

Jaxon smiles at him and pauses his music. "Almost," He steps over to Shawn, wrapping his hands around Shawn's waist. "Gonna tell me where we're going? I need to know what I should wear tonight."

Shawn smiles and wraps his arms around Jaxon's neck. "Uh...Chill. Something comfy."

"Ooh," Jaxon leans in and kisses Shawn once before pulling away. "Are we seeing a movie? Or maybe a...Street fair?"

"You hate street fairs."

"I know, but-...Can I get a hint, please? Why are we going somewhere overnight?"

"Cause, the place we're going is two hours away and I don't feel like driving back and forth tonight."

"Two hours!?!? Is it...Expensive?"

"Not really. It's just the closest place that is open tonight and plus, won't it be fun to go venture in a different city?"

"Well, duh! Now come on, you gotta pack your bag too," Jaxon tosses Shawn's bag at him, a smile on his face.

**