26.

a/n: short chapter while i get back into the groove of things. hope you enjoy !! :)))

**

"Bowling?!" Jaxon asked, turning around to look at Shawn. "Seriously?"

Shawn stops in his tracks and shrugs. "Oh-...Sorry. I-I thought this would be fun-."

Jaxon giggles and reaches out to grab Shawn's arm. "I'm so gonna beat your ass. Come on!"

Shawn lets out a deep breath of relief as he's dragged into the bowling alley. They paid for their shoes and their bowling spot.

Jaxon was sitting in the seat while Shawn put his shoes on him as he offered. Jaxon chuckles and looks down at Shawn. "We are so corny."

Shawn looks up at Jaxon before looking around the bowling alley. He lets out a breath and nods his head. "Shit. We really are, huh?"

Jaxon smiles and looks around. Once Shawn was done tying his shoes, he stands up and smiles. "Ready to lose?"

"You're so cocky for someone who knows I'm gonna win," Shawn replies as he throws his jacket off the backside of his chair.

"Mhm, sure!" Jaxon steps over to the bowling kiosk to enter his name. He steps out of the way and lets Shawn do the same.

Shawn presses the button which indicates that the game is to start. "You're up, princess. You sure you don't want me to pay for bumpers?"

Jaxon chuckles and nudges Shawn's shoulder. "Fuck off, Williams. Don't make me take this ring off." Jaxon says as he picks up a bowling ball from the rack.

He was up first and tosses the bowling ball. It rolls down the lane, knocking over four of the pins. Jaxon rolls his eyes as he walks back to Shawn.

Shawn chuckles and nods his head. "Right...," Shawn smiles as he grabs a bowling ball, it now being his turn. The ball rolls all the way down the alley, knocking over all of the pins.

Shawn turns around to face Jaxon. "Wow. I can already taste victory."

**
They played three rounds, Shawn winning two of them and Jaxon winning the last game.

Jaxon was looking down at the menu of the restaurant they went to, trying to decide what to eat.

Shawn was biting his nails as he also flipped through the menu, his leg beginning to bounce up and down.

Jaxon looks up at him, reaching out to grab his hand from his mouth. "Hey, are you okay?" He asks.

Shawn looks at him and nods. "Hm? Yeah, I'm fine?"

Jaxon could feel Shawn's hand shaking a little. "Are you sure, baby? What's going on?"

Shawn sighs and sits back a little. "Nothing, it's just...Someone walked by and he...He smelled like my dad."

Jaxon frowns. "It's sorry. We can go somewhere else. Do you wanna get our food to go? We could eat at the hotel."

"N-No...I was supposed to take you out tonight."

"But it's fine if you can't handle it. We're supposed to be taking it one day at a time, remember?"

"So you really won't mind if we leave the restaurant? I really don't wanna fuck up the date-."

"Babe, I promise you it's okay. I'm not gonna be upset and we can eat at the hotel. We can even find a movie to watch and make it a movie date."

"Okay...I'm sorry."

**
They had gotten their food to go and we're currently sitting on the hotel beds, eating their food while watching a movie.

Jaxon giggles at a joke that was made, looking over at Shawn. Shawn had a smile on his face as well which made Jaxon smile even more.

He wanted him to be happy. He wanted him to feel happy.

Jaxon closes the lid to his takeout box and scoots closer to Shawn on the bed. "Remember the first night I stayed at your house?"

Shawn looks over at him and nods. "Mhm. You made me watch Juno. And you totally slept like a baby."

Jaxon smiles at him. "This feels like that. Like...Back in the day when we'd stay up and watch movies and eat food in your bed."

"Back in the day? You make us sound forty years old."

"You know what I mean," Jaxon nudges Shawn. "How are you feeling?"

Shawn reaches down to grab Jaxon's hand. "Better. Guilty, for a while but...I know that there's nothing to feel guilty about."

"Exactly," Jaxon leans up to kiss Shawn on the lips. "Plus, I'm having a lot of fun on this date. Thank you for taking me out."

"Only the best for the best," Shawn winks.

**