43.

"Just let me see," Shawn says. He was sitting in the driver's seat outside of the dentist's office. Jaxon was next to him in the passenger, covering his mouth.

"No," He mumbles over his hand. "You're gonna think I'm ugly."

A week has passed and Jaxon was on his last few days of classes. (Literally three left). And he had also gotten his braces off.

Shawn rolls his eyes. "Seriously? Who are you talking to right now?" He jokes.

Jaxon shakes his head. "I look alien-like."

"I swear you don't."

"You haven't even seen them yet!" Jaxon closes his eyes, resting his head back against the seat. "I should've kept them on. Just for the rest of my life."

Shawn laughs at him. "You're so dramatic. Lemme see."

Jaxon turns back to Shawn. "Fine. Only if you promise—-I mean swear on your life that you're not gonna judge."

Shawn raises his left hand. "If I had a bible, I'd swear on it."

"Wrong hand," Jaxon sighs and moves his hand down, revealing his closed mouth. Shawn rolls his eyes again. "Will you just show me your teeth?"

Jaxon finally smiles to reveal his teeth. Shawn turns his head to the side, furrowing his brows. "Eh--You were right."

Jaxon gasps as Shawn erupts his laughter. Jaxon smacks him playfully. "I hate you so much!"

"I'm playing, baby," Shawn chuckles as he grabs Jaxon's face. "Smile again."

Jaxon does, and watches Shawn's face. Shawn leans forward, planting a kiss on his lips. "Pretty ass smile," He says as he pulls away. "You look very good."

"Do you promise?"

"I promise," He leans in and kisses him again. "Does it feel weird?"

"Mhm," Jaxon runs his tongue over his top row. "Feels like something is missing." He pulls the mirror down, looking at his teeth. "You're sure I don't look stupid?"

* * *

Jaxon had class after that, and Shawn visited Gavin at the bar where he works. "Yo."

"What's up?" Gavin sets a glass down. "Can I get you a drink?"

"Uh, nah," Shawn crosses his arms on the bar. "I just came by to say hi. I know I've been...ghost as of recent."

"For good reason, though." Gavin leans against the bar. "How's therapy?"

"Going good. My therapist wants to put me on some anxiety meds and some other antidepressants."

"You gonna do it?"

"Haven't decided yet," Shawn shrugs his shoulders. "I mean...I'm okay most of the time."

"But what about the times you aren't?"

Shawn playfully rolls his eyes. "You sound just like her." He sits up and shrugs. "I'm thinking about it. Talking to another psychologist and whatnot about the anxiety and PTSD. But; anyways that's not what I'm actually here for."

"Okay, what are you here for?" Gavin asks. "A kiss?" He jokes.

"Fuck off. Jaxon's mom is coming in early and...I haven't had time to throw him a grad party."

"You wanna throw him a party?"

"Just a get-together with the gang at our place," Shawn says. "I got him some gifts and...I don't know he deserves it. He's been juggling me and exams and everything else."