49.

a/n: ring the wedding bells ring the wedding bells

* * *

"I'm starting to regret this."

"Me too...maybe we should've thought this through a little more."

Jaxon sighs as he lies his head against his pillow. It is the night before their wedding, and they are both lying in bed. Shawn turns over to lay on his back, throwing his hands behind his head. "This was a dumb fucking idea."

And a dumb idea it was. Since they weren't having a traditional wedding, they decided to try to include at least one traditional thing: not seeing each other until tomorrow afternoon at their wedding. Jaxon stayed at an Airbnb with Kai, Chantel, Kirstin, Armonn, and his mom and sisters.

Shawn stayed at a hotel with AJ, Gavin, Timothy, and one of his old friends, Scott.

"How's it going over there?" Shawn asks.

"It's good. I got my nails painted, and...decided on my hair for tomorrow. We ate some yummy pizza and drank some wine. Everyone is still downstairs drinking, but I'd rather not have a hangover tomorrow. You?"

"Yeah, same. We played some stupid ass high school games and drank...guys are still drinking too."

Jaxon whines a little as he curls up to his pillow, grabbing his phone. "I miss you. We should've ignored this stupid idea."

"I know...plus...sex before the wedding would've been nice."

Jaxon chuckles a little. "We had sex last night...and the night before that," He pauses,"...and the night before."

"So? Night before the wedding?"

"Well, you read the theory. Apparently, it'll make the sex just so much better," Jaxon turns on his back. "I just think I miss you a lot. And I'm so nervous about tomorrow but also super fucking happy. And...I'm just excited that I get to be so vocal about my love for you in front of everyone."

"Me too, baby. I can't wait for you to hear my vows."

Jaxon smiles again. "Me either." He hears a knock on his door and sits up in the bed. "Come in!"

Kai walks in, wine glass in hand, and sits beside him on the bed. "Are you okay? You're not getting cold feet, right?"

Jaxon shakes his head. "No, I'm okay. I just needed some air."

Glancing at the phone in his hands, a smirk appears on her face. "Are you talking to Shawn?"

"Possibly," Jaxon laughs before lying back against the pillows. "Leave me alone. I know we're codependent. We can't spend one night apart."

"Okay, well," Kai stood up from where she sat. "I'll let you get back to it, but...once you're finished being lovey-dovey, we'd like it if you joined us. They just set up the karaoke machine."

* * *

Shawn woke up that next morning, his arms buried under his pillow, as he heard soft snores through his phone. He sat up a little, glancing at his phone, which read 10 a.m. He finally came to, smiling, when he realized he and Jaxon had fallen asleep on the phone together—just like when they first started dating.