28.

a/n: i hate writing on my phone but i miss writing pls enjoy i missed you guys mwah (:

***

They make it home after their overnight date. Shawn sighs and sets his bag down, sliding his shoes off. "Hey, babe?"

Jaxon closes the front door, a smile on his face. "Hm?"

"I'm sorry, again. About the cigarette."

Jaxon smiles and sets the keys down, walking over to Shawn. He brings his hands up to Shawn's face, placing a kiss on his lips. "It's okay, love."

Kiko, their kitten runs up to them, rubbing her face against their ankles. Jaxon looks down and smiles, reaching down to pick her up. "Hello, baby."

Shawn smiles and pets the cat on the head. "You think she missed us?"

"We were only gone overnight. I hope she wasn't scared," Jaxon frowns and kisses her on the head before setting her back down. His phone starts to ring and he furrows his brows to answer.

"Hey, Chantel. What's up?"

Shawn moves out of the way, going to put their bags away in their bedroom. "Yeah, we're back. It was a fun time."

Chantel smiles. "Great! Wondering if you guys wanna grab dinner with Gav and I?"

"Hm. I don't see why not," Jaxon moves the phone away from his ear. "Baby? Wanna go to dinner with Chantel and Gav?"

"Yeah, sure!"

"What time?" Jaxon asks as he slides his shoes off, setting them on their shoe rack.

"Uh, how does eight sound?"

"That's good. Gives me time to take a nap." Jaxon jokes.

*
Jaxon was getting ready for the double date with Gavin and Chantel. He was in the bathroom, fixing his hair in the mirror when Shawn walks in.

"How's this look?" Shawn asks, having a genuine face of curiosity on his face.

Jaxon turns to look at Shawn and smiles. "Yummy! You look good."

"You sure? I'm trying to look like I'm not depressed."

Jaxon smiles and steps forward to fix Shawn's shirt. "I think you look great. How do you feel?"

"Hm," Shawn looks in the mirror. "I could use a haircut."

Jaxon chuckles a little. "Not what I meant."

Shawn looks down at Jaxon and nods. "Ohh...Oh, I think I feel okay. I don't know why but I actually like feel good right now."

"That's great, babe," Jaxon looks back in the mirror, glancing at Shawn. "What about me? I feel like I look...Weird."

"Why you say that?"

Jaxon shrugs. "I dunno. Maybe it's my hair." Jaxon tussles his hair some more before turning around. "Maybe we both need haircuts."

**
"Cigarettes?"

Shawn nods as he looks at Gavin. "I don't even know why. I fuckin' hate them."

Chantel frowns a little and looks at Shawn. "Is it like...A stress thing?"

"Yeah, basically. I used to smoke them a lot when I was nervous or when my dad would say shit to me. And it was the only way to calm my nerves."

"Can I ask a question? Like about the past and stuff?"

"Uh, yeah."

"It was just that...Was it ever an option to like leave? I mean like...Go live with someone else like Gavin or other family?"

"I stayed with Gavin a lot. His mom cleaned out a room for me and I would stay there for weeks. But...That house was the last place I saw my mom so, I couldn't leave."

Chantel nods her head.

"And as for family...They didn't want me staying with them. So it was back and forth with Gav."

Jaxon smiles and reaches under the table to grab Shawn's hand. He squeezes it once, receiving a squeeze back from Shawn.

Gavin smiles as well. "That's why him and I are bonded for life. I've seen this motherfucker at his lowest."

"Same here, jackass."

Chantel smiles at the two and looks over at Jaxon. "Oh! Forgot to tell you. I have to go see my family this week."

Jaxon furrows his brows. "Why? What's up?"

"My sister is having a baby shower."

"This the same sister who is with your ex?"

Chantel nods her head, making a poker face. "Yeah. How exciting."

"God, that's so fucking awkward," Jaxon laughs. "How do you even look at her?"

"I chose peace," Chantel says as she raises her hand. "Trying to keep the family together."

"I told you I would come with you," Gavin says.

"You have that big event at the bar this week, babe. That's good money." Chantel smiles.

"Oh, right," Gavin raises his eyebrows.

**
Gavin sets Chantel's suitcase in her car. He shuts the trunk and walks around to where she was standing against the car.

He smiles at her. "You ready?"

"Yeah," She steps forward, wrapping her arms around Gavin's neck. "I'm gonna miss you."

"Yeah, I'm pretty great." He jokes.

Chantel giggles and leans in to kiss him on the lips. "I'll call you after I get home. Promise you'll answer."

"I promise, baby," Gavin leans in to kiss her again. "I love you."

"I love you too." She backs up as Gavin opens the car door for her. "Thank you."

Chantel gets into the driver's seat, rolling the window down. "See you in a week, handsome."

"See you in a week, beautiful." Gavin grabs her hand and kisses it before she finally pulls out of the driveway.

Gavin watches the car pull out of the neighborhood. Gavin turns to walk back into the house when his phone starts ringing.

He furrows his brows at the contact, reading 'Unknown Contact'.

Gavin swipes the screen to answer, placing the phone against his ear. "Hello?"

"Gavin? It's me. It's Dad."

**