37.

Kai couldn't sit still that entire night. Matter of fact she hasn't slept for the last three days. She kept staring at the positive pregnancy test, hoping the lines would disappear. It was a Friday morning when she was sitting on their couch when she picked up her phone to text her best friend.

To jaxy :
- i can't sleep i'm freaking out
- are u awake????
- pls be awake

She sits in wait for a response, sighing in defeat when she realizes Jaxon must be asleep. It was almost four in the morning anyway.

She stands up from the couch and walks back into their bedroom. AJ was on his side of the bed, fast asleep. She sits back down in the bed, taking in a deep breath. Kai places her phone on the charger, setting it down on the bedside table before getting under the blankets. She lays her head down on her pillow, hoping to finally get some sleep.

**
It was early in the morning, and neither Jaxon nor Shawn had any plans until later in the afternoon. They ate breakfast together before settling on the couch. Jaxon had a book in his hands which he'd planned to read but couldn't help but be enticed by the show that Shawn was playing. He'd cuddled up to Shawn's side, the book resting in his hands.

Shawn looks down at him and chuckles. "Book got boring?" He asks.

"No just-..." He pauses as he watches the TV.

Shawn chuckles a little at his fiance before directing his attention back to the TV. Both Jaxon and Shawn jump at Jaxon's phone ringing. Shawn takes a deep breath. "Fuck, your phone is always so loud."

"Sorry," Jaxon sits up and grabs his phone, pressing it against his ear. "Hello?"

Over the phone, Jaxon heard Kai's voice. "Hey. Sorry to bother you...I just needed to talk."

"Okay, that's totally fine. What's up, love?"

"I think," Kai takes in a sharp breath from over the phone. "I don't think I want to have this baby. I want to be a mother but...I don't think I'm ready."

Jaxon shakes his head a little bit."Oh my god, Kai. That's totally fine."

"But is it?" Kai lets out a deep breath. "I-I know it's my choice but...What if...What if everyone hates me? I'm scared of how people will react – my family, friends, and especially AJ. What if he can't handle it? What if he leaves me?"

"Your feelings are valid, and it's completely okay to be scared. But remember, your happiness and well-being are what matter most here." Jaxon says with a reassuring tone.

"I just don't want to lose AJ, you know? We've been together for a while, and he means so much to me." Kai sniffs and wipes her eyes.

"I understand that, Kai. AJ cares about you too. Trust me, if he truly loves you, he'll support you through this. Relationships are about being there for each other in tough times as well as the good. And...Didn't you say he was leaning towards this anyways?"

"I know, but what if he's disappointed? What if he's not ready for something like this?" Kai sniffs again. "It's not just...As easy as it seems, you know?"

"Kai, my beautiful best friend, you deserve to be with someone who respects and supports your decisions. AJ is a good guy, and he cares about you deeply. If he loves you, he'll understand that this is your choice to make. And he loves you so, so much."

"You're right," Kai replies in a soft voice. "I know."

"Just take a deep breath and when you're ready, talk to AJ. Be honest with him about your feelings and your decision. It won't be an easy conversation, but it's an important one. And remember, I'll be here for you every step of the way."