I. Stop Being Weird

Chapter 1,
    Stop Being Weird
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " You three little kids in teenagers body, I swear to God. "

~ Lorelei's POV ~

  "They may be lovers who hold their hands, but they'll never love you like I can, can, can."

   I hummed to myself as I got up from my bed to go downstairs and get something to eat, I didn't feel like doing anything, I didn't know what I wanted to do either.
   As I walked down the steps of my empty, quiet house, I kept thinking back to how different things would have been if I had just done my work and graduated highschool.

    But that's too late now, I have made my decision and I have been somewhat more happier than what I was before when I was walking the crowded halls that were infested with kids that would pick on you until you made your wrists bleed.
   Some people just have zero chill when it came to your mental health and parents will overlook it as laziness, so I decided that I wanted to be better and leave the school that would have killed me from the inside out.

    Just as I walked to the living room and turned on the TV, someone began to bang on my door, releasing a loud groan, I sluggishly walked over to the door and looked through the peephole to check who the hell is banging on my door like that.
   Of course, it was someone that I actually consider my best friend, Connor Jones, the only guy who dared to come over to my house and drag me out of the comfort of my very own home.

    "Why the hell are you banging so loudly?"

  I muttered under my breath as I opened the door and allowed him to walk inside, Connor only shrugged his shoulders and looked around my house, noticing that I hadn't cleaned so that night.
  But who can blame me? If anyone has gone through what I also had gone through then cleaning would have been the last thing on their mind, and getting better would be the first thing.

   "Jeez Lori, I can come over on Saturday and help you clean up this place."

   Connor spoke, I only shook my head, I didn't need help cleaning anything out, I just wanted to get into the correct state of mind before I did anything without realizing.
   Sometimes you just prefer to keep it dirty until you are sure that it's time for it to go the garbage, not like Connor or any of my friends would understand what I mean.

   "Well, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with the crew today? You haven't been out for a while and we wanna make sure you see the sun at least once this month."

  Connor invited, I took a moment to decide if I really wanted to hang out with my friends today or if I just wanted to crawl back into bed and pretend that the world doesn't exist and that I was dead to everyone.
   As tempting as the second option sounds, I decided that I needed to stretch my legs and at least have the sun down on my skin before I hid away, I told Connor I would change out of my pajamas and then we can hang out.

    He waited for me on the couch as I walked upstairs to my dirty room and grabbed the first outfit I saw, which was a pair of baggy jeans and a black graphic oversized shirt, I grabbed my dirty white sneakers and brushed my hair into a claw clip.
   Not wanting anyone to see the bags under my eyes, I grabbed my sunglasses and shoved my fully charged phone into my back pocket before walking down the stairs and telling Connor we could leave now, he smiled at me and we left my house.

   Connor had a car thanks to his parents, I got into the black SUV car and put my seatbelt on before he decided to drive as if we both had nine lives, I wasn't about to tell him to slow down either since the rush actually made me feel more alive and awake.
   I closed my eyes and began to think of many excuses onto why I haven't spoken to my friends or even seen them at all, but I didn't want to lie to them either.

    "Alright, we're here so pretend that you're not dead."

   Connor joked as he got out of his car and waited for me, I took a deep breath and got out of the car, we were at his house.

    "Don't make any excuses, tell them that it happened again and you needed some time for yourself."

   Connor whispered into my ear as he took out his house keys and unlocked the front door, I smiled at him and nodded my head as he opened the door and insisted that I walked inside before him.
  I got inside of the house and looked around before walking to the living room and seeing all of my friends sitting their, on their phones looking like they didn't have a care in the world.

    "You're alive!"

  Kendra practically screamed as she got up from the couch and ran over to me with all of the excitement rushing through her veins, I smiled and hugged her as she crashed into my body.
   Stacy and I made eye contact and she smiled at me before she got up and walked over to me, JJ and Leo were in their own worlds at the moment.

   "Earth to ass wipes, Lorelei is here."

  Stacy spoke out calling their attention, Leo got up and rushed over to me smiling as JJ just took his sweet time, he was like a little brother to me so I didn't care.
   When I hugged everyone there, I sat down beside Stacy and she began to fill me in on everything, getting interrupted every so often due to Leo, JJ, and Connor play fighting like idiots.

    " You three little kids in teenagers body, I swear to God. "

   I laughed out, it felt like I was more myself when I was with myself, there wasn't anything in the world that could make me feel better, but I met my friends.
  As I admired Stacy's words, I smiled and looked away where I met eyes with Kendra who was raising her eyebrows like an idiot as well.

   Don't be weird Kendra, don't be weird.

  I thought to myself before chuckling a little bit, I missed these losers.