VIII. That's Not Funny

Chapter 8,
      That's Not Funny
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " Oh yeah, how funny, making fun of a murdered student for your sick stupid punch lines. "

~ Lorelei's POV ~

   When the girls finally came back after their project, I sort of zoned out and paid more attention to Halloween, I didn't know if I wanted to participate in the costumes or even go over to Connor's house, I accepted the invite but I wish that I didn't.
   Sometimes I hate accepting things and then feeling as if I don't want to do it or don't want to go, this wasn't normal for me either, I used to say yes and be so excited to go but now I just want to have some alone time.

   Even though I went ghost and became dead to the world for a month or a week or possibly even more, that didn't mean I was ready to jump out of my bed and quickly go to parties or hang out with my friends everyday.
  That's something I don't think people understand, like it's not easy for others to get out of their bed and decide that today will be the day they will be productive, I honestly think that they believe the people are being lazy when they don't wanna be productive.

    It's not true of course, people shouldn't believe that it is true but you can't make everyone believe you, some will know your story but still turn their backs on you and pretend as if you are just as lazy as everyone else thinks you are.
   But my friends understand me, they don't question why I don't feel good, they just check in on me and ask if I feel any better so that they can bring me along to the next hang out.

    "She probably slept with everyone's boyfriend so they shoved her in a hole with snakes, or it could have been a harmless little prank that went wrong."

   Connor snickered, I was brought back from my thoughts with that sentence and looked at him a little lost since I wasn't paying attention to anything anyone was saying, Leo walked over to me and told me we were talking about the Town's myth, Genevieve Maison, or how everyone calls her, La Reina Del Serpientes.
   Queen of the snakes because of how she died, everyone says that whoever disturbs her grave and reads aloud her story, she comes back to kill the teens and if at least one isn't able to put her back in her hole with all of be snakes, then the town will have suffer from the hell she'll bring.

   I don't really believe in the myth that much so I can't say anything but even I know it's disrespectful to make fun of someone's death, it's just immature and childish, and if the legend is true, he better hope that nobody does anything to the dead girl.
   Stacy was a little ahead of us but she participated in the conversation, she was a little exhausted but she wanted to go to the mall and choose some decorations because she wanted to help me, I felt little tingles in my stomach but brushed them off as hunger.

   I have a bad habit of not eating breakfast and then having to suffer until we get something to eat, Kendra looked at Connor before shoving him into JJ who was laughing Connor's "joke".

   " Oh yeah, how funny, making fun of a murdered student for your sick stupid punch lines. "

   Kendra muttered before walking ahead of us next to Stacy, Kendra is never one to sit there and let someone talk garbage about another person, much less about someone's death and how they had died.
   It's a messed up move and from the bits and pieces that I have heard from the myth, Genevieve was set up and everyone who has ever hated her, watched as she screamed and begged for help.

    Hearing that broke my heart, I mean she could have only struggled for so long until the dirt entered her throat the snakes bit into her veins, releasing their venom into her, that's an awful way to die.
   I wouldn't blame her for wanting to come back and absolutely murder the kids who won't let her sleep in peace, I mean there was nothing she could have done and there was nobody willing to help her.

   So I didn't like the joke they made, it was insensitive considering anyone could have died the same death that she did, it wasn't a funny joke and it will never be a funny joke.
   But some people will make a joke of anything just so that people will like them and just because they're able to get away with it either because of their popularity status, money status or both.

   Either way, it's a real douchebag move and karma can, and will, find a way to bite you straight in the ass.