XIII. Don't You Got Daddy Issues?

Chapter 13,
    Don't You Got Daddy Issues?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " That was a low blow, even for you, but now if I get real disrespectful I'm the bad friend, yeah? Go to hell man. "

~ Lorelei's POV ~

   After we had exited the school building, almost immediately we all began to walk our separate ways, Connor was walking home with JJ while I was walking him with Kendra and Stacy was walking home with Leo.
  Nobody wanted to talk to one another thanks to Connor, he always found ways to mess things up when everything just got good again, seriously how does he not understand that this could end our lives? Even if this is a myth, that doesn't mean you try to figure out if it can actually kill you or not.

    Normally we would all meet up again to speak our minds and try to understand one another but something tells me that we aren't going to be stepping anywhere near the guys for a long time, well until they say sorry and prove to us that they won't do anything like this ever again.
   They put our lives in danger because they want to read a paper her father wrote which was basically resurrecting his daughter so that she can wreak havoc on the kids who killed her, what he didn't know was that he had cursed this town and the idiots that I call my friends had the great idea of wanting to read it.

  I don't want to believe that I'm friends with who I'm friends with at times because they don't use their brains like they're supposed to, I sometimes feel like I'm the only one that has a working brain and is smart enough to actually use it.
   When I got to my front door, I opened the door and let Kendra in before me so that I could lock the door, she's been staying with me for some time now, which makes me believe that something is going on at home and she didn't want to be there to witness it any longer.

   She could crash at my place for as long as she likes, I need the company anyways considering that most of my friends don't dare visit me other than Connor and Stacy, speaking of Stacy, I knew that I had to tell Kendra that she was right all along when it came to my feelings.
   I walked upstairs to my bedroom so that I could change out of pajamas, it's ironic that I said that Connor isn't a douchebag and that he's a sweetheart, but he isn't acting like a sweetheart right now.

    Feels a little weird, I won't lie to you, I didn't mean what I had thought, I didn't want Connor or JJ or Leo to hurt themselves because they wanted to read a paper and bring back a dead girl just for kicks and giggles.
   I ran down the stairs, wearing loose light blue sweatpants and a white long sleeves croptop, I grabbed my navy blue zip up sweater and told Kendra that we should try talking the boys out of it.

    Yeah it's their decision on what they want to happen to them but that didn't mean we couldn't give them a chance to turn away from this now, Kendra didn't argue back and nodded her head as she got up from the couch and ran out of the house with me.
  I texted Stacy and asked if she wanted to join us which she replied almost immediately and said yes, I smiled at the text as she had also sent me a red heart, I sent her back a red heart and waited by the bus stop for her.

    "This is absurd, why are we even doing this?"

   Kendra broke the silence as she looked at her shoes, I looked at her and shrugged my head before telling her that they would have stopped us from doing something stupid as well, or even join us so we didn't feel alone.
   Which was true, we never went through anything alone whenever we're together, it's like our little code.

    "How are stopping them?"

   Stacy asked as she made her way over to us, I didn't know how we were even going to stop them, I just knew that it was going to happen and they wer most likely going to listen, since they don't want to die.
   Once the bus arrived, we got on and paid for the ride before walking to the back of the bus and sitting down, I could only hope that this plan works and that they don't have some stupid attitude over it.

  "You're being ridiculous, Connor."

    We were currently arguing with only JJ and Connor, as Leo hadn't really agreed to the idea of wanting to read the paper which meant that he was automatically on our side, Connor wasn't trying to give up the paper and didn't want to give up his plan either.
   He says it's for a Halloween prank he wants to set in motion but I know it's more than just a stupid prank, I know there's something else that he's not trying to tell me or us and I am determined to find out.

    "You know what, this doesn't even concern you guys!"

   Connor raised his voice, I looked at Stacy who moved back a little bit, I didn't like it when anyone raised their voice for something that didn't need to become a big issue.

   "Connor shut the hell up, honestly, you're taking this too far! Put the paper back and forget about your fucking prank!"

    Stacy screamed at the boy, I looked at her and looked away, this would be the first time that I had ever heard her scream, I haven't even heard her raise her voice either.

    "You know what Stace, I don't need to listen to you. Don't you have daddy issues?"

   Stacy's breath got caught in her throat and I watched her eyes go glossy before she turns around and begins to leave, we were standing outside of Connor's house and the bus stop was a block from here.
   I didn't want her leaving alone so Kendra and I decided that this was more than enough.

  " That was a low blow, even for you, but now if I get real disrespectful I'm the bad friend, yeah? Go to hell man. "

   I grabbed Kendra's hand and we rushed to catch up with Stacy, boys can be so idiotic when it comes to things that could kill them, and I'm honestly so sick of it.