XVI. It's Finally Halloween

Chapter 16,
     It's Finally Halloween
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " The only time of the year where I get to see people dress up as dead people and still feel more alive than they will ever feel. "

~ Lorelei's POV ~

   Halloween is probably the best time of the year for me, I love everything about it and love seeing everyone's costume, I don't really trick or treat anymore but I do give out candy or attend parties just for fun, I live for Halloween and I would be more than happy if it was forever.
   I mean you get free candy from strangers and get to scare the living hell out of strangers, isn't that someone's life long dream? I mean, well i know that it's mine.

    Since last night, I haven't got in contact with the group, I knew that today was just going to make me go ghost again and that I would never see or speak to them until I am ready to make some social interactions or until they come and get me like they always do.
   I know it makes me seem toxic but I don't try to ignore them, sometimes I feel as if I don't have enough energy or mental strength to get up and be happy that I'm doing dumb things with my friends, I just want to lay in bed and cry all of my feelings out.

    As I got up from my bed and walked over to my night stand that was on the other side of my bed, I decided that I would go to the store and buy some candy for the little trick or treaters that would probably come over to my house tonight for some candy.
   Who was I to tell them that they couldn't have any candy because I didn't want to go get it? I'd be a horrible person and I would have an egged house since kids are brutal these days, so I changed into black ripped jeans and an orange crop top with a pumpkin in the middle.

    I grabbed my house keys and zip up navy blue sweater, before leaving my house with my airpods in my ears blasting music, nothing ever mattered whenever I had music, it was like I had a break from society and reality at the same time, I'm sure everyone feels that way as well.
   The walk from my house to the bus stop wasn't that long since I always walked it but for some reason I felt more exhausted, like I couldn't walk to the stop as easily as I used to before, I just had  a bad feeling in the pit of my gut.

    It was more intense, it was worst than a gut feeling and I didn't know if this means something terrible is going to happen or I just hadn't water yet and these were the cramps that I normally get, but everything took a turn for the worse when I got to the corner and bent over the garbage can and threw up.
   The pain wasn't getting any better or worse, it stood at the same level of agony and I couldn't handle it anymore, when I had finished throwing up, the garbage can had looked like a crime scene, it looked like Connor's house with the fake blood.

    "What..?"

   I muttered to myself before spitting out any more left over blood that pooled my mouth, I looked around to make sure nobody saw me before running to the bus that was now at the stop, waiting for the last person to enter before taking off.
   As I sat down on the bus seat, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, in hopes that the pain would relieve itself before I had to take any medication or go to the emergency room, I didn't want to get hospitalized on Halloween.

    Especially during Halloween night, sick bastards everywhere including the hospital, you're never truly safe until you're surrounded with nobody but yourself, people can and will take your innocence without thinking about it twice.
   I looked around the bus and saw a kid staring at me, I smiled and waved only for it to walk over to me and sit down, I didn't think anything of it until the child began to speak to me as if I were its owner.

    "What's your favorite part of Halloween?"

  The kid asked me, I turned my head over and smiled, I did know the answer to the question but I had to family friendly it before I allowed the sentence to leave my mouth, the last thing I need is to get sucker punched in the mouth by the kid's parent.
   Once again, would leave me either hospitalized or jail and I don't wanna call my friends to help me out with either one of those things, it's not embarrassing but I just don't want to do it.

  " The only time of the year where I get to see people dress up as dead people and still feel more alive than they will ever feel. "

   I answered the kid, the child smiled at me and nodded their head before running back to their mom as this was their stop, I waved goodbye to the child before the bus began to drive off, I felt that same damn gut feeling but this time it was only worsening.
   I thought of everything that could be triggering it, the candy, the trick or treaters, the vomit, literally everything that came to my mind and it wasn't it.

  The fucking prank.