XX. Snakes Are So Cute

Chapter 20,
Snakes Are So Cute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Great idea Connor, no really amazing! Now we have this snake queen after us because of you! "

~ Lorelei's POV ~

When everyone regrouped at the living room, we tried thinking of ways to stop Genevieve before she had even gotten started but we kept losing train of thought and drifting to topics that weren't helpful at all, I just wanted to think of something that could help us out but there was nothing.
My brain was quite empty, I didn't know what would be helpful and what would get us into even more danger or trouble so I just kept my mouth shut as everyone else thought of different ways to stop her, although the ways weren't real good.

"Look, I want to go for a walk, I'll be back in a few. I just need some fresh air."

I stated as I got up from the couch and left the living room, I walked to the front door and took a deep breath, just hoping that I could have some type of idea to give to my friends so that we can ensure that our lives are safe for now.
As I left the house, I thought that maybe if I went home and looked around the house, I would have some type of idea and be able to put an end to something that could start or may never start, I'm not taking any chances.

When I was walking down the block to the bus stop, it felt like there was someone following me but I didn't want to check, so I just kept my cool and stopped all of the racing thoughts that circled my head, it was starting to get me dizzy and I didn't want anyone stopping what they were doing to help me out.
I am more than capable of helping myself and being able to walk home or take the bus, I didn't want to sound like some idiot that didn't want anyone's help, it's just that I didn't really trust anyone.

My heart was racing faster than a nascar, I thought it was going to burst from my chest and beat out of my body, I didn't want to die from a heart outburst, although that would make a cool news headline, I mean just thinking about it, actually, don't think about it.
I was getting tired, I had finally made it to the bus stop, so I sat on the bench and waited for the bus to come so that I could go home and think of some type of solution to the problem, there was nothing more that I wanted than to lay in my bed and take a good, long nap.

As my eyelids grew heavy, I closed them without struggling to keep them open and allowed myself to relax a bit, worrying all of the time seriously tires you out, you're always wondering what could go wrong that you begin to lose sleep over it.
That was something that I had to learn by myself, if you worry yourself about things that happen in the future, you're only stressing yourself out because you can't stop overthinking every little thing.

If that made no sense then I'm sorry, I am not in the correct mind space to even think my thoughts correctly, as my head slowly dropped down, I heard a hissing sound that scared me awake.
I looked around to check where the sound came from but only saw a small, black snake that was slithering its way towards me, I freaked out a little bit and jolted up from my seat.

Not wanting the snake to bite me, I backed away slowly and went to turn around when I had bumped into someone, as I went to apologize to the stranger that I had knocked down, I felt my soul leave my body, completely.
The person I had made eye contact with was none other, Genevieve Maison, although she was dead and had been dead for almost twenty years, she looked better than ever which could be used as a weapon.

"Did my little cute slithery friend scare you?"

Genevieve asked me as her eyes turned a bright green color, her pupils were different from mine and I knew that everything that was in the myth, it was true.
I turned around and ran as fast as I could, I didn't bother looking back as I heard extra pairs of feet hit the ground after I did, now it was only a race against me and her to get to Connor's house again.

Luckily, I made it before her and slammed the door shut, locking it and running to the living room, all out of breath as Genevieve began to bang on the door and beg us to let her in, even though I felt bad for leading her to my best friends, I'm not dying alone.
Leo looked at Connor and it was now that the calm, and rational guy began to freak out as he thought that his life was now at its end.

" Great idea Connor, no really amazing! Now we have this snake queen after us because of you! "

Leo whisper shouted, I sat down beside Stacy and Kendra as they began to pray for some help, I'm not big on praying or going to church but I knew that only praying and hoping could help me out with this.
Yes, snakes are cute but not when their owners are dead evil girls that murder people for fun, that's just a big turn off for me.