XXV. Almost Died There, Bud

Chapter 25,
     Almost Died There, Bud
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " I'm not as gullible as you think I am, I played the part but I'm not. "

~ Lorelei's POV ~

   "Hole is dug, i repeat the hole is dug. It's time for the plan to start."

    Connor said into the walkie talkie, Stacy and I looked at each other with uneasy looks and got up from the ground, stretching our body so that when Kendra came, we could help her out and make sure that Genevieve is gone, this was mind tearing.
   Kendra responded with an okay and that's when I knew that this was now or never, Stacy smiled at me as she handed me a hair tie from her pocket as she put her hair in a ponytail.

   I did the same and opened the doors to the field, keeping them open with two bricks that we had taken from the front of the school, I made sure that if anything went wrong, the bricks were a back up plan.
   If pushing her into the hole wasn't as easy as we thought it would be, then I would grab the brick and hit her with until she fell in the hole.

   Either way, she's dying again tonight and nobody was going to bring her back, I just hope I can live to tell the tale about how me and my friends had slain the girl that was the queen of snakes.
   Kendra made sure that the talk button was jammed so that we can hear her throughout everything, we didn't want her being alone in this which meant that if anything happened to her, we would be able to pick up where she had left off.

    "I see her, I'm going for it."

  Kendra whispered to the walkie talkie, I clipped my walkie talkie to my shirt and jammed the talk button as well, I took a deep breath and looked at Stacy, I felt afraid and hopeless because I wanted our plan to work.
  We could hear Kendra call out for Genevieve and Genevieve responding to her, the two had small talk as Kendra tried to taunt her knowing that, that would infuriate Genevieve.

    "Look at you Kendra, you're the gullible one. Who is going to save you when you fall for every fucking thing?"

    Genevieve snickered, I mouthed to Stacy to stay quiet so that we didn't make a noise that would draw attention away from Kendra, I closed my eyes and prayed that Kendra could run as fast a she could from Genevieve and not get hurt.

   " I'm not as gullible as you think I am, I played the part but I'm not. "

   Kendra retorted, a slap could be heard and before you know it, Kendra is running down the stairs, screaming bloody murder to let us know that this is a now or never situation which meant that we were more than ready.
   Stacy looked at me and took a deep breath, she walked over and before I could ask a question, she cupped my face and placed her gentle lips against mine.

    When she pulled away, she kissed my cheek and grabbed my hand as she pulled me out of the hallway so that we can be at the field, ready to make sure that Genevieve falls in the hole, I had the biggest smile on my face as we made it to the hole.
   Connor, JJ and Leo were standing by the hole as well, there was rain pouring down and the dirt was now becoming mud, I was going to say something when I saw Kendra run out of the school.

    Genevieve followed her but the snakes were faster than her, I could only pray that Kendra makes it over here before she gets bitten, I prayed as Kendra ran over to us and hid behind me and Stacy.
   I looked at Stacy and smiled before looking at Genevieve, she lunged at me which sent me flying down onto my back, Stacy was not having it and grabbed Genevieve's arms to pull her off of me.

  JJ and Connor intervened as they grabbed Genevieve and tried to throw her down in to the hole, she grabbed onto my ankle and I was halfway down the large hole, the snakes were hissing at me.
   I held onto the edge of the hole as Connor grabbed my hands and began to pull me up as Leo started hitting the snakes down the hole, each one biting onto Genevieve.

    "Don't let me die!"

  I screamed as there was thunder and lightning happening, Connor looked at me and with that, he pulled me up, he landed on his back as I landed on my side.
   Stacy rushed over to me to make sure I was okay, Connor didn't waste a second with throwing the dirt into the hole, watching as Genevieve screamed and begged for our help.

   Her screams died down after the last bit of dirt was added to the hole, I looked at my friends and processed everything that had just happened.
  Realizing we had just killed the girl, a second time, just to save our lives and possibly others.