XIV. Evil Lurks There

Chapter 14,
      Evil Lurks There
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " I mean this was where she once lived, do you think I'm trying to get possessed? "

~ Lorelei's POV ~

   It's been weeks since I have last spoken to Connor and JJ, Leo decided that he would stay with them so that they didn't do anything foolish but I knew it was just because they were best friends long before us and he couldn't bare to turn his back on them.
   The weeks have been excruciating without them coming up with some stupid plan to set in motion but at the same time it was more stress relieving as I didn't have any thing to worry about, but that didn't mean I didn't like the thrill of it all.

  Stacy and Kendra didn't want to speak to them until they apologized for what they said and what they did, I didn't want to walk over to their house and beg them to just forgive the boys for their stupidity because we disagreed with them, so I kept my mouth completely shut.
   I can't accept any apology because those words weren't directed towards me, and I can't just beg them to forgive them because I knew how much those words meant to Stacy, so I knew that it would be best to give her time.

   "It was just a messed up insult, he doesn't understand what I had gone through and where my own daddy issues landed me!"

    Stacy blubbered as warm tears left her red and puffy eyes, I hugged her tightly and rubbed her back as she sobbed into my zip up hoodie, she didn't deserve those words, I kissed her temple and listened to her shaky breaths.

   "Stace, trust me I know where it got you, and you didn't deserve those words."

   I comforted her, Kendra was in the corner discreetly taking videos of us as if I didn't notice her, but I wasn't going to call her out on it right now, Stacey needed me at this moment and I was going to give her my attention.

   "You don't know how much you mean to me Lorelei, I love you."

   Stacy breathed out, I felt like there were so many butterflies going through my stomach and fireworks sounded through my mind before I moved my hands from her lower back and cupped her face.
   I felt as her slowed down and her tears stopped gliding down her face, as she leaned in, I felt as if this was just wrong.

   There wasn't romantic feelings, she was only going to kiss me at this moment because I was comforting her and she believed that this kiss was going to heal everything, I looked at her and shook my head before standing up from the couch.

   "I, I can't do this, not right now."

  I stammered out before walking upstairs and going into my bedroom, I completely messed up my chance but I did it because her feelings for me are thin air, they are non-existent.
   Maybe in the future, we would be able to share a kiss and be able to get together and live our lives together but right now is not the time.

  There was a knock on my door but I didn't have enough energy to say come in, so all I did was groan really loudly and waited for the person to walk into the room and tell me what they wanted.
  I was thinking about the almost kiss that I was going to share with Stacy, I just wanted to world to swallow me hold without holding back.

    "Hey pookie."

   Kendra chuckled as she entered the bedroom before closing the door behind her, I looked up from the pillow and looked back at her, I smiled at the girl and sat up so that she could sit down beside us.
  The world could be ending and Kendra would find a way to make me feel better for allowing my feelings to get in the way of comforting someone, she just knew how to make me feel as if nothing was ever wrong with me.

    "What's up Kenny?"

  I smiled at the girl as she sat down beside me.

"Connor texted the group chat, he wants to personally apologize and he wants to do one last thing before he gives up on his plan."

   Kendra informed me, I groaned and laughed before getting up from the bed and walked to my closet to change into something more comfortable, so I grabbed a pair of black Nike cargo sweat pants.
   I grabbed a black plain shirt and put on my sneakers, I brushed my hair back and walked with Kendra to go down the stairs.

   Once we got down the stairs, Stacy joined us and we walked outside of the house to the bus stop, I didn't want to do this last part of his plan but I kind of wanted to see where this was going to go.
  My heart was definitely racing now.

  "I forgive you, you asswipe but next time you mess up, I'm breaking your pinky. Again."

  Stacy stated as she hugged Connor, he laughed softly and hugged her back before telling us that we were going somewhere that we hadn't been to at all, we got into Connor's car and buckled up before going to our mystery destination.
   When we got to the destination, I felt shivers go down my spine and felt as if I could vomit all of my food.

   "So we're here, at Genevieve Maison's house."

  Connor stated before unlocking the car, I looked at him and took a deep breath before getting out of the car, waiting for everyone else before we go out to the house.
   Stacy looked at us and grabbed a cross from her pocket, lifting it up as if she was exercising a demon out of someone's body.

   "Stacy, what the hell are you doing?"

  JJ asked as he grabbed a flashlight from the backseat.

  " I mean this was where she once lived, do you think I'm trying to get possessed? "

   Stacy retorted, she wasn't wrong, I am not trying to get possesses tonight or at all.