XXIV. Stop Acting Like A Jerk

Chapter 24,
    Stop Acting Like A Jerk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" That wasn't funny! I could have actually died you jerks! "

~ Lorelei's POV ~

    Honestly, who knew setting up for someone's death would take a long time, I have been sitting on this hard and cold ground for God knows long that my butt has gone numb and hurts every time I move a muscle, Stacy fell asleep on my shoulder so I didn't move a lot so that she didn't wake up.
   She hasn't gotten much sleep these past days and I don't blame her, by now the sun has gone completely down which mean teens and kids were going to start trick or treating or going to parties, while I'm stuck here trying not to die.

   The air wasn't freezing, it felt humid and I didn't like feeling sticky at all, it's not a good feeling and it makes me feel as if I took a shower with syrup, but I didn't want to make a sound just in case Genevieve was still lurking around.
   Not to mention that we were stuck in the dark just so that we weren't spot as quickly, I didn't have a problem with the dark since I wasn't alone, I was with Stacy.

    A couple of times, Connor would check in on everyone to make sure we were still alive that we didn't do anything stupid, Stacy stopped answering after the fifth check in since she passed out on my shoulder but I couldn't sleep so I always responded to him.
   I did yawn a couple of times but that didn't mean that I was ready to shut my eye lids, it just meant that if the plan doesn't start right now then I would fall asleep and both Stacy and I would die.

    Reminds me of Romeo and Juliet except we didn't drink the poison and we aren't forbidden lovers, we were just two teen girls that got stuck in a prank that turned deadly and died together as they grew tired and could no longer hold on anyways, that would be such a sad story or a headline to see, but that's how it would go down.
   Everything has an end, you can't just start something and expect nobody to finish it for you, and if it stays unfinished then someone, somewhere will finish it, even if it takes years to do so.

   "AHH!"

   A scream came from the walkie talkie, scaring both me and Stacy as she jolted awake and looked at the walkie talkie, I looked at her afraid that if I were to say something that Genevieve will respond.

    "Everything okay?!"

  I asked frantically, I wasn't prepared to lose my best friends yet even though I have been talking about it so much, I waited a bit for someone to say something but Connor only laughed and you could tell he had scared someone just for the kicks of it.
   That kid is sick in the head, and I'm taking him to therapy when all of this is over because there is something not right with him, even if it's a tiny little problem in his mind.

   " That wasn't funny! I could have actually died you jerks! "

    JJ could be heard sounding more annoyed than ever, I started laughing as I realized they must have pretended to push him in the hole to see if his reaction would be golden, which it seems like it was since Leo even started to laugh.
   I don't get how they can play a joke or prank on someone when we're literally at the brink of death, that's some psycho behavior and I don't want nothing to do with it, I am letting it be known right now.

    "Okay guys, literally be nice and finish digging the hole. I think Kendra is getting tired as hell."

  I explained as I laughed a little bit, Kendra agreed with me and stated she was sitting in front of the library waiting for Genevieve, she saw her walk around upstairs and wanted to bring her without struggling to look for the girl.
   Smart move but also could turn deadly if she didn't have eyes on the target, Connor said they were almost done with the hole and that they needed only a minute left as they were making sure they had enough dirt to cover the hole.

    "Alright alright, stop acting like jerks to JJ and finish the hole then."

   Stacy laughed, JJ cursed us out before saying goodbye so that they can get their stuff together, after that, Stacy decided she didn't need to go to sleep anymore and stayed up talking to me.
   I never felt alone whenever I was with her, she always knew how to make me feel included in things.