XIX. We're Actually Gonna Die

Chapter 19,
     We're Actually Gonna Die
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "  No, no we aren't going to die because if we just follow what the myth or paper said, we can survive. "

~ Lorelei's POV ~

   Stacy and Leo had held me back as Kendra grabbed JJ and ran down the stairs with him, I wanted to kill him for destroying someone's hole or grave, that is more than just disrespectful and more rude than I could have ever imagined.
   I'm a violent person when pushed far enough, just like every other person that has ever walked the earth, but I didn't know what I wanted to do to JJ.

   Leo had his arms wrapped around me to keep me from running at the door and Stacy stood in front of me, holding onto my legs as I was starting to kick and scream for them to let me go as I was determined to give JJ an ass whooping of a life time.
   I wanted him to understand that there was never ever a good enough reason to destroy someone's grave, that will only make you look as if you're some weak and disrespectful person, and if there was one thing I knew, it was that JJ is not weak nor disrespectful.

   "Let me go!"

   I screamed as my voice began to give up on me, I wanted to bury that kid alive and make sure someone destroyed his hole, I wanted him to understand why I was annoyed with him, he didn't need to do this, especially for a prank that wasn't going to last five minutes.
  Stacy grabbed my face and looked at me, I could tell she was looking for the right words to say because she would have said something by now, whether it was a compliment or insult me jokingly.

    "Think back to when you defended me from Connor, I'm holding you back so a lawyer doesn't have to defend you on court."

   Stacy joked, I thought I wasn't going to laugh until a small chuckle left my lips and I could feel the anger that once seeped into my veins, slowly get washed away as it was now replaced with my feelings for the girl who stood in front of me.
  I didn't like how easy I was calmed down by her stupid joke, I wanted to sock her in the nose for even thinking that it was okay to get me out of my violent mind set.

   "Look, I know you want to kill him but that's just going to leave us with one less extra pair of hands that could help us with well, their problem."

    Leo explained to me, I sighed and nodded my head before closing my eyes so I could relax my mind from trying to harm my younger best friend whom I thought of as my younger brother, he made mistakes, that have dire consequences but as his older "sister", I have to help him out of this.
   When my eyes reopened, I stopped fighting them and allowed them to slowly let me go.

   I walked out of the room and made my way to the living room, where they were hiding the younger boy and stood by the doorway, I wasn't going to hurt him even though that was the only thing that was on my mind at the moment, I wanted to comfort him.
   As much as I was afraid that we were all going to die, what is the point of fearing for something when you could spend some time working on a plan and figuring out how to fix a problem, sometimes you have to set aside your anger to help out others.

   That sounds like something you read off of Tumblr or something but I promise that's all you need to do, there isn't much to it either, you just have to realize that anger gets you deeper in the hole that you had already dug yourself in, how am I being so wise today? I swear I fall deeper in love with myself everyday.
   Self love is real yall, just don't take it too far or you're just gonna seem either weird or self absorbed which I am not, I just know I'm attractive.

    "We're gonna die and it's all my fault, I've killed you all."

   I won't lie, seeing JJ cry in front of me for the first time as he realized he had set us all in danger scared me more than it should have, yeah we were gonna die but that didn't mean we were gonna sit around and wait for death to come get us.
  That's not how I wanted to go down, and I know that's not how the others wanted to go down either, so I walked from the doorway and pulled the younger boy into my arms.

   " No, no we aren't going to die because if we just follow what the myth or paper said, we can survive. "

   I whispered into his ear, although we aren't sure that the myth is real and that Genevieve was seriously going to come for us, it was better to pretend as if she was and have everyone help out than have them sit around and wait for her to see if she was real or not.
  Believe me, they would rather sit around and check if she was real than come up with a plan in case she was.