VI. Almost Halloween

Chapter 6,
     Almost Halloween
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " Just because it's almost Halloween doesn't mean you get to scare us like an idiot, okay? Okay. "

~ Lorelei's POV ~

    Knowing I have an amazing group of friends to hang out with when it's Halloween and fall season, it makes me feel like I have people to talk to and that I don't have to worry about anything at all.
   I have people who care about me and that was all the really mattered to me, I could come to them with the dirtiest clothes and without any hesitation, they would let me into their home with open arms and tell me everything will be okay whole running me a bath and gathering clothes for me.

    But I knew that I would never ever ask them to help me out like that, I was afraid of being wrong and that my friends would never help me out, it doesn't matter how much they tell me and reassure me, it'll only make me think worse than I already had.
   I mean, the only people that I was born with, that were supposed to keep me without even thinking twice had left me when they heard about what happened to me and that was two years ago now.

   Like I had said earlier, there's a time and a place for me to explain everything that had happened to me and why it even happened to me in the first place, I wasn't a bad child or anything but to my family, I was the worst kid that they could have ever have.
   Making me feel bad for my decisions and for what had happened, I didn't think anyone would trust me or love me anymore but for some reason, my friends stepped up and stepped in to keep me alive when they notice that something was off.

   The fear that I had when I had told them everything, it was as if I was struck by lightning with the shock that I was in, and when I was finally no longer shocked, I was shaking out of fear.
   Having the ones that you loved, leave you is probably the most scarring and traumatic thing that could ever happen, but what's more traumatizing is having to deal with the aftermath of it all, all alone.

    "Where did JJ and Connor go?"

   Leo asked as we got up from the bench at the park, looking around as we finally just noticed that they were missing, only the worst went through my mind and looked around before screaming their names.
  I hated when they hid away from us because you never know if they're playing or if something had actually happened to them, I wanted to bash their face in every time they showed up.

    "GUYS?!"

  I screamed as I looked around the park, now worry was filling my veins and I wanted to know where my friends went before I start dialing the cops so that they could help us find them, I just wanted them to stop hiding.
  Kendra grabbed my hand and together we looked around the park even better, Leo and Stacy searched around the park as well before regrouping and walking to his car as I had his keys.

    When I unlocked them door, something came from the trunk, I looked at Stacy and shook my head before closing the car door and locking the car once again out of fear, whatever the hell that was in the trunk stays in the trunk until further notice.
   I mean it, I don't know what Connor does with his car at night nor did I feel like asking for the reason that breathing oxygen and living my life was at the top of my bucket list, but when the banging got louder, I turned away and covered my ears.

    "I don't want to be the white girl but i really think we should check it, what if there's an actual being inside of the trunk and they need our help?"

  Kendra asked, I looked at her and shook my head, there was no way in hell I was gonna risk my entire life to save someone, if there's an actual human in the trunk then that's between them and Connor.
   But of course Kendra doesn't listen and opens the trunk with the keys anyways, resulting in her screaming her lungs out as she fell backwards, I ran with Leo to check it out but calm down when I see JJ and Connor slowly get out of the trunk laughing their asses off as if they were the funniest people on earth.

   " Just because it's almost Halloween doesn't mean you get to scare us like an idiot, okay? Okay. "

    I slapped both of them on the back of their necks as they finally got out of the trunk, I helped Kendra up and rolled my eyes at the two clowns laughing at their own pranks, I swear if you walked past us, you would think JJ and Connor were brothers.
   But then again, they took Halloween seriously which means that they were obviously going to be scaring people right before Halloween before preparing for the biggest scare on the actual day for it.

  But I don't hate them, they're just excited for the day like I was, except they do too much.
   Time to Google how to disown two kids that aren't even yours.